“Quirky”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The building/atmosphere was a little quirky but nice. The fried food was delicious, although veggies not as good. Draft beer selection could have been better. Prices were pretty reasonable for the area. I'd go back

Jag2002S, Owner at Front Street Station, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Front Street and help me make my business more successful. With regard to the building, it is historic. The pub area was made in a train car style in the late 50's , and is the original building, and used to stand where the Greenport Post Office is now, until the late 60's when it was moved to its present location. It has been functioning as a restaurant ever since. The atrium was added on sometime after that. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal. We are fine tuning our vegetable preparation, experimenting with different recipes. I am in agreement with you, they can be better and we are working on that, even though they are fresh, they are not YET as good as they could be. Our draft beer selection is constantly rotating, if you had a specific draft in mind that was not available or that has gained popularity please contact me and let me know. I am always open to customer comments and suggestions, after all without you the customer, there is no Front Street. Again thank you for your time and your review. Next time that you make us your dining destination we will do all that we can to make your 3 start experience a 5 star experience. Sharon : Owner of Front Street Station

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We often stop in Greenport after the ferry and the train theme caught our eye. Entering the atrium was bright and cheery. The integration of the restored 1920's diner with the atrium was inviting, giving one the feel of outdoor dining without being on the street and exposed to the weather. The staff was warm and friendly. Small raisin rolls were delicious. The simple cheeseburger was perfect and the special chicken pot pie was piping hot, meat filled and flaky pastry. We will be back.

1  Thank Gilreign
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great place to spend a winter evening on the north fork . The atrium room with a star lit sky makes for a great dinning atmosphere . The hot homemade soup and baked clams was a great beginning for our visit along with some merlot of course .
My wife and I both had fish entrees ,she had flounder and I had
Shrimp both were fresh and prepared to our liking .
The service was excellent and we were never rushed,a must visit
If your in Greenport .

1  Thank dantidal
Front3332050, Owner at Front Street Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to help make my business successful. Front Street and myself look forward to your dining with us again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My friend and I had lunch at Front Street Station off season. The ambiance was comfortable and pleasant. The Hostess and service was charming and excellent! We enjoyed a "lunch special" which included a free cup of homemade soup and a drink; along with any hamburger on the menu. The food was fresh and delicious! A sweet gesture after the meal..,a peppermint patty gratis! A thoroughly enjoyable experience and good value...looking forward to my next visit!

Front3332050, Owner at Front Street Station, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

This is Sharon the owner of Front Street Station. I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I appreciate you taking the time to review us. Thank you for helping me make my business a success one review at a time. I too am glad that you discovered us as well. We look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I just want to say that it is not high class and all to do but is very nice inside if you want good food and great people to party with this is the place to go and you are just down to earth people you are in. owners are so professional and super friendly,Im sure you will have a great time don't miss it and you are right in town across from a great hotel haborfront inn....