“Just wonderful!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Greenport B&B and Inns
Westbury, New York
“Just wonderful!”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at Ruby's Cove for 2 nights in the middle of the week. It was a great experience, as the town was not crowded and restaurant reservations were readily available. Donna, the owner, is the perfect hostess, and she knows so much about the area. Her breakfasts!!!!!!!! Perfect start to the day, and Donna is an amazing cook. French toast, green eggs and ham.... an abundance of fresh fruit. During the day snacks are out and she brought in beer from the brewery next door. Sitting on the front porch was so relaxing. The room was great, but the bathroom was a bit small. Other than that, not one complaint. Had an amazing time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed here for a weekend getaway and it lived up to the reviews. Breakfast was incredible, Donna served dishes we had never eaten before. Snacks, wine, and beer from the brewery next door are left for guests to enjoy. Donna is even more helpful than advertised. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NJNick
Villanova, PA
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed with Donna for three nights, two of the nights we had the inn to ourselves :). Donna is so warm and welcoming and her cooking is AMAZING. We stayed at another B & B in Southold before arriving in Greenport and the breakfasts can't even compare. Donna makes you feel comfortable right away and would even leave us out wine and snacks in the afternoons (cookies one day, cheese and crackers another). The location is amazing... you can walk everywhere in Greenport. We had great dinners at the North Fork Oyster Company, Noah's, and Scrimshaw. We also have a lovely lunch at the Cheese Emporium and the brewery located next door is wonderful. We had a great time, thanks Donna!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Woodbury, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Donna's hospitality is wonderful! Breakfast out of this world. Great wine and snacks in the afternoon. Donna is very friendly and always ready with helpful suggestions. The inn is very clean and well kept. Only drawback was the very tight bathroom/shower in our room. If that's not a big deal for you, would recommend Ruby's Cove without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Douglaston, New York, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Our trip was a surprise to me from my husband....usually I do all the picking of the hotels, details, etc....Well I guess this job is my husband's now, because he could not have picked a better place! We entered with Donna being the Innkeeper and left with her as a friend. She was absolsutely sweet, caring, and extremely passionate about her place. Her breakfast was by far, the best breakfast we ever had....She asked us the time we would prefer breakfast and when I told her I was a later riser, she arranged for 10:00 and then, in the AM, even texted us to see if we needed more time and we answered YES! She was so incredibly accommodating, I am currently arranging for me and my friends to book the whole house for the weekend. The bedrooms were amazing and now I am in search for a better mattress as I did not want to get out of bed at this place. Everything smelled of lavendar and was so calming. We spent part of our night before dinner just hanging out on the wrap around porch, listening to music and just enjoying peace and quiet. She had wine, cheese, and sweets out for us before dinner. She was just amazing. I couldn't stop taking pictures of all the rooms in the house and we felt like we were hanging out in our own living room. Every detail of the place was hand picked by Donna and it shows how passionate she is about her place and how she aims to please. And the location could not be more perfect...literally like her advertisement says...steps from Main Street, next to a brewery, steps from all the great restaurants and shops and down the block from the water!!!! I HIGHLY recommend this place and I do NOT have one negative thing to say. I was blown away and, like I said, planning another stay real soon!! Thanks Donna xoxoxoxo

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Me and 12 other girls stayed at Ruby's Cove for my sisters bachelorette party, I can't stop raving about it! The pictures online do not do it justice! Instantly when I called to arrange the stay, Donna (the innkeeper) made me feel like I have known her for years! She helped me plan our night out and was so accommadating! I have never stayed in a B&B and so I was nervous that I would feel like an intruder into someone else's home, but I felt at ease as soon as I met Donna in person!

The inn is literally a couple of steps from the downtown area, where we walked to dinner at Claudios, which was highly recommended and was everything that people made it out to be! We then walked over to the Frisky Oyster for some "fancy drinks" which were delicious! Then we walked over across the street to a "dive bar" with some great music and plenty to drink! The people of Greenport are as friendly as Donna and didn't make us feel uncomfortable which you might expect from a small town, but we had a blast!

The next morning we arose to a wonderful feast of a breakfast. Light enough for a morning after drinking, but hearty enough to face a whole day of drinking on a wine tour. After a beautiful day of wine tasting we headed back to Ruby's and had take out from brick oven pizza, which thankfully Donna suggested. We sat at the kitchen table and then moved into the sitting area which is cozier than my own home and were left to remind my sister of how much fun we have all had with her.

Sunday mornings breakfast was even better than Saturdays, which we didn't think was possible, with Donna's famous french toast. After some of the girls were dropped off at the ferry which is conviently located only a couple of miles away, my sister and I shopped at the small shops in the town, which I would highly recommend!!

We had such a great time at Rubys Cove, I cant imagine ever going out there and staying anywhere else. Thank you so much Donna we had such a blast and I know my sister will never forget that weekend!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Wading River, New York, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed at Ruby's overnight for our 40th anniversary celebration...lovely room, lovely day, lovely time. We have stayed at many B&Bs throughout the country from the East to West Coasts, and Donna is, by far, the best innkeeper we ever met. She loves people! And, she goes that extra mile to make your stay memorable. Even though we only live 45 mins west of Greenport, it's nice to know there's a perfect little getaway that transports you from your busy hectic life, to a calm retreat not far away from home. I will go back again and again....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Annamarie D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
The Blue Inn At North Fork
#1 of 1 in East Marion
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
Stirling House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!