“The most relaxing weekend ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Greenport B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“The most relaxing weekend ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

The most peaceful weekend ever. Donna is the most hospitable host ever! We loved the house, the room, the breakfast, and the town. The Scrimshaw restaurant and Noah's were delicious.
I will be going right back this weekend so I think that is the best recommendation I can give. Very romantic weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AbbeyFairgate999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manhasset NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We just returned from our second weekend get away at Ruby's Cove. We found Ruby's when the B&B we went to regularly for years, closed. We were hesitant to go someplace new, but Ruby's turned out to be even better than the previous B& B. The house is beautiful, warm and inviting. Donna is an amazing person, hostess and cook! We feel like we are at home when we stay with her!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa K
Ponce Inlet, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

This charming and comfortable B&B is located in the heart of Greenport in a lovely neighborhood. We were privileged to be there when the cherry blossoms bloomed. A first for us. This was our best B&B experience and Donna the owner was delightful and made us feel at home. She makes a really awesome breakfast too. And gave great tips on where to go and what to see. This home is circa 1837 and the decor runs a little late Victorian. The bed was so comfortable we now need to buy a new one at home. And really clean too!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buzz317
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Ruby's Cove is a beautiful, peaceful retreat in the middle of lovely Greenport, Long Island. The decor is charming and a bit decadent and Donna is a warm and welcoming host. We really enjoyed our weekend at Ruby's Cove and will be sure to return on our next trip out to the North Fork.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank racheleveginsberg
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have been to several B&B's over the years and Ruby's is NOT your typical B&B. We left on Monday and I have yet to stop talking about it.

Its current keeper, Donna, asked me to describe Ruby's in one word ...ENCHANTING !!! Ruby's makes you feel at home. I told Donna its as if the house is alive and knows just what you need. I left feeling like I had spent a weekend at a spa. I have never been so relaxed, so in love, so happy. I can hardly wait to return.

Rubys is centrally located to town and everything (other than the amazing wineries) are within walking distance. This was our first weekend away from our kids and we were VERY nervous about leaving them. We found it hard to have a date night without talking about them, looking at their pictures and rushing to pay the bill so we could return home. It was as if Donna and Ruby's knew, and with the help of some wine tastings at Wineries suggested by Donna and some fantastic cheese purchased on Love Lane (another Donna suggestion!) we found a way to wind down, breathe and enjoy.

Im not a B&B person. The ones I have stayed in have been out of conveneince or the lack of other accomodations. Rubys makes me want to love B&B's but I cant... because Im head over heels for Rubys! The decor is so warm and inviting. When you walk in you feel at home (but without the chores and stress!) . Its so inviting. There are spots to sit and enjoy morning coffee, evening wine and the most comfortable chairs where you can curl up and read a book.

Donna's breakfast was AMAZING. People said they couldnt stop eating and I found that as well. When you are at Ruby's, you dont feel like you are a customer, you feel like a guest in Donna's home. Words cant describe how welcoming and accomodating she is. She is just one of those people who is completely and utterly genuine and has a heart of gold. We could want for nothing.

The rooms were beautiful, each one nicer than the other. We stayed in the Madeline. The toiletries Donna offers are so amazing I spent hours in Whole Foods trying to find them. The bed was the MOST comfortable I have ever been in my life. (I really returned home and wished I was still in that bed!!!) The most signifigant of all .... (drumroll please!) my husband never complained about the lack of a TV. In fact, I think this might be the ONLY trip where he didnt complain ONCE! WOW! 11 years of at least HUNDREDS of vacations and not a bad word to say!

The pictures cant do it justice. Words could never describe how special this place is. You HAVE TO GO!!!!! If you need more information or have any questions, please email me at ASTChick@aol.com. I'll always be happy to talk about Rubys! (sigh) Wish I was there right now!

Liz

Room Tip: Madeline is en suite at the end of the hall. The bed was AMAZING.... It was quiet, the perfect tempe...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed at Ruby's Cove, and didn't want to leave! Donna immediately made us feel right at home, and shared some history about her and the house. Donna gave us great recommendations, from dining to wineries, to the little shops in town that are fun to look in. She even offered to make reservations for us. The room was cozy and beautiful. The house was full of comfortable furniture and really let us unwind and relax. Donna presented us with a nice snack platter of cheese and wine, as well as growlers of Greenport beer. The morning was the real treat. Donna is a great cook!!!! She made us a delicious breakfast, and it was a fun time to sit and chat with the other guests in the house. Everything at Ruby's Cove was amazing. We cannot wait to venture back there and be at our favorite home away from home!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

We were visiting from Texas and enjoyed the hospitality, great food and beautiful rooms. When Donna, the owner,said make yourself at home, she meant it. All of her recommendations were wonderful and she was so helpful from when I called to book the rooms, to arranging transportation from the train station, making dinner reservation and finally driving us to the train station at the end of our stay. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Stirling House Bed and Breakfast
Fordham House
Fordham House
#1 of 10 in Greenport

Been to Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!