“Solo relaxation in Greenport”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Greenport B&B and Inns
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Solo relaxation in Greenport”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I visited Ruby's Cove as a solo traveler midweek in an attempt to avoid burnout at work, and my attempt was quite successful. This B&B is beautiful and relaxing, with comfortable beds, a soothing Pandora playlist playing in the library, and a porch swing you could sit on all day. My plan was to do absolutely nothing for four days, and that's easy to do in Greenport. Not wanting to drive, I took the Long Island Railroad, which is walking distance from Ruby's, and I was able to walk around Gilmore Girls-esque town with no problem. The innkeeper, Donna, also provides free bikes, so I was able to ride up to the 67 Steps beach and Kontakosta Vineyard in less than half an hour. Donna took care of breakfast, making delicious meals that accommodated my dietary restrictions, and she has great recommendations for the best places to eat in town (sidenote: get the pulled duck at Noah's and the cucumber soup at First & South). I'm thinking of returning later this year and working from the B&B, because working from a covered porch in the North Fork seems much more civilized than working anywhere else. I'm hoping Donna keeps providing her midweek “stay two nights and get one night free” deal, because otherwise the rooms are slightly too expensive for me. They are worth it, though.

Room Tip: I actually slept in all three rooms during my trip. They're all comfortable. The Ballast room is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Shnaa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Me and my wife totally enjoyed our stay at Ruby's Cove. Donna, you are terrific innkeeper and we wish you all the best in the future!

We really recommend both Greenport as a town and Ruby's as accommodation. Don't miss borrowing bikes from Donna and bike around the vineyards' and Shelter Island!

/Per and Tove

Room Tip: We had the corner room on the upper floor. Very romantic!
1 Thank Per H
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This may just have been the loveliest Bed & Breakfast we ever stayed in. The flowers and shrubs outside were gorgeous. Beautiful, charming and warm inside. Donna is the best! Good decorator, good cook, good conversationalist. She makes everyone feel welcome and cared for. Breakfast was almost a party and I am not a morning person but I loved the atmosphere and enthusiastic conversation. Sitting on the porch at night was so relaxing and I slept like a baby on the excellent bed. If you really want to "get away from it all," this is definitely the place to go!!

Room Tip: They were all good.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy V
Lake George, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I know my way around the North Fork, but my bride had never spent time there. Right from the start in booking "Ruby's", Donna was a pleasure to deal with. The Victorian B&B is charming - plenty of rubies and red glass on display. I booked 2 nights and ended up extending the stay for another night. Pure relaxation and comfort. Donna is a gem of a hostess - delightful, knowledgeable and very helpful! Although the weather was hot while we were there, we enjoyed exploring the shops, restaurants and wineries in the area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark T
Long Island
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed at Ruby's Cove mid June and had a wonderful experience with Donna our inn keeper. Ambiance is wonderful, and you feel so relaxed and welcome when you are there. "Thank you so much for a wonderful stay Donna- so many great things about your place. We will be back - your personality itself is a draw - you are a perfect big sunflower!"

1 Thank chris X
Weston
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My husband and I had never been to the north shore (fork) of Long Island before and really had no idea what to expect. We were happily surprised. We went mid June during the week. It was not crowded and the weather was perfect. Ruby's Cove is right next to the town. This B and B has only three bedrooms each a little different. Ours had a queen bed and a small bath with a stall shower; the sink was in the bedroom area. The bedroom itself had 4 windows was full of light and although small was comfortable. The breakfasts were incredible both in amount, diversity and "deliciousness" and the hostess was very helpful as to suggestions to where to explore and to eat. I am a gardener and bird lover. The flowers were just lovely surrounding the open porch where you can have breakfast and coffee. If you are looking for a TV this is not the place for you, if you are looking for a comfortable spot to have an afternoon glass of wine and read a book, look no further! So, if you want one complaint I would have liked to have a small chest of drawers to put my clothes and personal items in. There was however an armoire to hang things. Not much of a complaint!

1 Thank Gail4919
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The most peaceful weekend ever. Donna is the most hospitable host ever! We loved the house, the room, the breakfast, and the town. The Scrimshaw restaurant and Noah's were delicious.
I will be going right back this weekend so I think that is the best recommendation I can give. Very romantic weekend.

1 Thank AbbeyFairgate999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Fordham House
Fordham House
#1 of 10 in Greenport
Stirling House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!