“Wonderful holiday weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Greenport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at Ruby's Cove for Memorial weekend 2013. It was a wonderful experience. Donna is very welcoming and charming. She made reservations at Noah's to make sure we had a place to eat, since we were driving in late on Friday night. This was the first of her many thoughtful and considerate gestures.

I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. It is centrally located and within walking distance of several great restaurants (you do not need to worry about driving after a couple of drinks).

We borrowed Donna's bicycles and took the ferry to Shelter Island, which was fantastic.

Hope you get a chance to stay there!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My 6-day vacation at Ruby’s Cove was everything I was looking for in a getaway from Manhattan, on my own: quiet, relaxing but active and fun.

The house: it is really, really beautiful, clean and quiet. The ground floor has several wonderfully decorated living rooms and a porch where you can relax. I was worried that in an old house you can usually hear everything but this is not the case – rooms are very quiet, located at the second level (nothing on third) and I did not hear any noise from the neighbor rooms. I liked that there were no TVs in the house but a very nice relaxing music playing in the living rooms. I was also worried that I had the room that has the bathroom across the hall (it is private) but it was OK – in the end it is a house, who has the bathroom in the room in a house?

Location: it is really one short block from the heart of the village and one min away from the water. It is very quit, very few cars passes during day and I heard none at night (really!).

The host: Donna is warm and fun and overall a great host! She helped me plan each of my days there with cool insights about everything! I felt so good that I did not realize I was referring to the B&B as “home” in my conversations :)

Breakfast: Donna is an excellent cook – and I am a foodie! She prepares wonderful dishes with eggs and her French toast is - no kidding! - the best I ate. The breakfast is served at 10 am, which works well with getting up late. Or if you go for a quick swim or walk you can come back – trust me, you will want to come back and arrange your schedule so that you do not miss the breakfast!

Activities: Donna helped with all kind of activities: biking (if you wanna be active you really do not need a car to get around and Donna indeed has about 12-15 bikes all type, shapes and colors– have fun trying them!), beaches, vineyards, concerts, live music, shopping, restaurants, etc. I am a big fan of the Square (30 sec away from Ruby’s), with 4 different wonderful places, all under famous chef Keith Luce: Main – restaurant, Prep - take out, Nosh – salads, pastries and Meet - bar. I highly recommend you try all of them! From food, service to décor and live music they offer a great experience.

Bottom line: I plan to return to Ruby’s cove in a few weeks - I think it is gonna be my home away from home :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank GeoM2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My wife and I had such a great time in March that we brought friends and rented the entire house this past weekend. Greenport is even nicer in the summer and there is so much to do. The beaches, marina's, restaurants and shops are all within walking or short driving distance. Donna was awesome (again) with everything she did to make our stay as pleasant as possible, from delicious breakfast to dinner and site-seeing recommendations. She made us all feel like visiting family. Our whole group will be planning a return visit in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

My Daughter and I chose to stay in the Greenport/Shelter Island area in order to spend time together before the start of college. We made the perfect choice in Ruby's Cove.

The house was cozy and lovely, with so many unique decorative touches and comfortable places to relax. Our room had many welcoming features, such as plush bedding, robes, and botanical soaps and lotions. I loved the fact that the shower amenities were in eco-conscious dispensers, rather than tiny little bottles. Everything was well thought out, with an eye towards pampering the guests -- and we did feel pampered!

Breakfast was quite an experience: creative menu items tweaked for various dietary concerns, pleasant companionship with other guests, and -- most notably -- the presence of our delightful and very entertaining hostess, Donna herself!

My daughter and I had a truly memorable time, and I hope to have the pleasure of returning one day.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank HappyTrails117
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was our second stay at Ruby's Cove and we had another great visit. This time around my husband and I brought my parents who were visiting from Florida and they had a great stay as well. The rooms are all super comfy, the breakfast and snacks are delicious, and Donna's suggestions for things to do, vineyards, restaurants, etc. are always on point. The location of Ruby's Cove is perfect as well. We'll be back and we'll bring our friends next time too!
-Melanie and David

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melanie457
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I visited Ruby's Cove as a solo traveler midweek in an attempt to avoid burnout at work, and my attempt was quite successful. This B&B is beautiful and relaxing, with comfortable beds, a soothing Pandora playlist playing in the library, and a porch swing you could sit on all day. My plan was to do absolutely nothing for four days, and that's easy to do in Greenport. Not wanting to drive, I took the Long Island Railroad, which is walking distance from Ruby's, and I was able to walk around Gilmore Girls-esque town with no problem. The innkeeper, Donna, also provides free bikes, so I was able to ride up to the 67 Steps beach and Kontakosta Vineyard in less than half an hour. Donna took care of breakfast, making delicious meals that accommodated my dietary restrictions, and she has great recommendations for the best places to eat in town (sidenote: get the pulled duck at Noah's and the cucumber soup at First & South). I'm thinking of returning later this year and working from the B&B, because working from a covered porch in the North Fork seems much more civilized than working anywhere else. I'm hoping Donna keeps providing her midweek “stay two nights and get one night free” deal, because otherwise the rooms are slightly too expensive for me. They are worth it, though.

Room Tip: I actually slept in all three rooms during my trip. They're all comfortable. The Ballast room is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shnaa
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Me and my wife totally enjoyed our stay at Ruby's Cove. Donna, you are terrific innkeeper and we wish you all the best in the future!

We really recommend both Greenport as a town and Ruby's as accommodation. Don't miss borrowing bikes from Donna and bike around the vineyards' and Shelter Island!

/Per and Tove

Room Tip: We had the corner room on the upper floor. Very romantic!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Per H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Fordham House
Fordham House
#1 of 10 in Greenport
Stirling House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!