“True Comfort, Attention to Detail... A Beautiful Place to Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Greenport B&B and Inns
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“True Comfort, Attention to Detail... A Beautiful Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I cannot express how wonderful of a place Ruby’s Cove B&B is. Believe me when I say, the photographs are just a small glimpse on how beautiful and peaceful it is. The B&B is ideally located in the historic center, where Greenport’s sights are within easy walking distance or a short bicycle ride away (Of which Donna, our host provides!!)

Attention to detail is clearly apparent when you arrive. Within every corner of the indoor and outdoor space you can clearly see the love and thought put into the home. From the dark mahogany French doors leading into the many rooms one can lounge, relax or read in, to the wrap-around porch containing a host of comfortable seating and tables to take in country and sea air. With an eclectic mix of American Antique, Baroque and a little Art Nouveau design Ruby’s Cove is by far a beautiful place to stay.

The bedroom was large, with bedding that was soft and decadent. A great thing to jump into after a long day at the beach and site seeing!

Donna ‘Keeper of the Cove’ went above and beyond to make our stay not only comfortable with delicious food, great excursion suggestions along with a bit of dancing, she really made us feel part of the home and Greenport Community. Thank you Donna!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Donna is a fantastic host & doing what you feel she was destined to do!!! You immediately feel welcomed as you enter her cozy, eclectic rooms. There’s a great vibe where the perfect music is always playing. The location is very convenient as you can stroll right into town & drop by the local brewery right next door! Breakfast is awesome & not to be missed, although later than the typical B&B, which is plus in our book, but I guess another one of the reasons that make this place special & not typical.
JS & LS

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at Ruby's Cove for Memorial weekend 2013. It was a wonderful experience. Donna is very welcoming and charming. She made reservations at Noah's to make sure we had a place to eat, since we were driving in late on Friday night. This was the first of her many thoughtful and considerate gestures.

I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. It is centrally located and within walking distance of several great restaurants (you do not need to worry about driving after a couple of drinks).

We borrowed Donna's bicycles and took the ferry to Shelter Island, which was fantastic.

Hope you get a chance to stay there!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My 6-day vacation at Ruby’s Cove was everything I was looking for in a getaway from Manhattan, on my own: quiet, relaxing but active and fun.

The house: it is really, really beautiful, clean and quiet. The ground floor has several wonderfully decorated living rooms and a porch where you can relax. I was worried that in an old house you can usually hear everything but this is not the case – rooms are very quiet, located at the second level (nothing on third) and I did not hear any noise from the neighbor rooms. I liked that there were no TVs in the house but a very nice relaxing music playing in the living rooms. I was also worried that I had the room that has the bathroom across the hall (it is private) but it was OK – in the end it is a house, who has the bathroom in the room in a house?

Location: it is really one short block from the heart of the village and one min away from the water. It is very quit, very few cars passes during day and I heard none at night (really!).

The host: Donna is warm and fun and overall a great host! She helped me plan each of my days there with cool insights about everything! I felt so good that I did not realize I was referring to the B&B as “home” in my conversations :)

Breakfast: Donna is an excellent cook – and I am a foodie! She prepares wonderful dishes with eggs and her French toast is - no kidding! - the best I ate. The breakfast is served at 10 am, which works well with getting up late. Or if you go for a quick swim or walk you can come back – trust me, you will want to come back and arrange your schedule so that you do not miss the breakfast!

Activities: Donna helped with all kind of activities: biking (if you wanna be active you really do not need a car to get around and Donna indeed has about 12-15 bikes all type, shapes and colors– have fun trying them!), beaches, vineyards, concerts, live music, shopping, restaurants, etc. I am a big fan of the Square (30 sec away from Ruby’s), with 4 different wonderful places, all under famous chef Keith Luce: Main – restaurant, Prep - take out, Nosh – salads, pastries and Meet - bar. I highly recommend you try all of them! From food, service to décor and live music they offer a great experience.

Bottom line: I plan to return to Ruby’s cove in a few weeks - I think it is gonna be my home away from home :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank GeoM2013
Belford, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My wife and I had such a great time in March that we brought friends and rented the entire house this past weekend. Greenport is even nicer in the summer and there is so much to do. The beaches, marina's, restaurants and shops are all within walking or short driving distance. Donna was awesome (again) with everything she did to make our stay as pleasant as possible, from delicious breakfast to dinner and site-seeing recommendations. She made us all feel like visiting family. Our whole group will be planning a return visit in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Setauket, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

My Daughter and I chose to stay in the Greenport/Shelter Island area in order to spend time together before the start of college. We made the perfect choice in Ruby's Cove.

The house was cozy and lovely, with so many unique decorative touches and comfortable places to relax. Our room had many welcoming features, such as plush bedding, robes, and botanical soaps and lotions. I loved the fact that the shower amenities were in eco-conscious dispensers, rather than tiny little bottles. Everything was well thought out, with an eye towards pampering the guests -- and we did feel pampered!

Breakfast was quite an experience: creative menu items tweaked for various dietary concerns, pleasant companionship with other guests, and -- most notably -- the presence of our delightful and very entertaining hostess, Donna herself!

My daughter and I had a truly memorable time, and I hope to have the pleasure of returning one day.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank janmarie1013
new york, ny
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was our second stay at Ruby's Cove and we had another great visit. This time around my husband and I brought my parents who were visiting from Florida and they had a great stay as well. The rooms are all super comfy, the breakfast and snacks are delicious, and Donna's suggestions for things to do, vineyards, restaurants, etc. are always on point. The location of Ruby's Cove is perfect as well. We'll be back and we'll bring our friends next time too!
-Melanie and David

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melanie457
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Fordham House
Fordham House
#1 of 10 in Greenport
Stirling House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!