“Neat Clean & Priced Right”
Review of Drossos Motel

Drossos Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenport
Drossos Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
Lynbrook, New York
“Neat Clean & Priced Right”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

If you're looking for a place to stay on the North Fork, I found Drossos to be more than adequate without the fancy in-season pricing. The rooms are clean, simple and practical without the frills of the big ticket places. My family enjoyed the food at the snack bar and the miniature golf course was alot of fun. We stayed three nights and the room service was prompt.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I had read the reviews and I was reluctant to stay at this motel...However, it was the only one with a vacancy on a last minute visit to the area. The room (the most expensive) was immaculate. Yes, when you first opened the door, it was a bit musty. I opened the windows, turned the air on and sprayed some lysol. By the time I unpacked the car, the problem was gone. The furniture is old, but well maintained. You can't beat the location. You are about 5 miles from Greenport Village, If you go in the other direction, you are about 5 miles from the Wine trails. The staff was so.....nice. In fact, the ferry was late coming in and and it was after 10 p.m. I received a phone call inquiring as to my safety. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rosemary S
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is a really unsanitary place. There was a dead bug in the bathroom when we arrived, a black spot on the toilet seat, an unidentified stain on one of the blankets, and an overwhelming smell of mildew/mold. I have asthma so this was a pretty bad night for me. My party and I didn't have much of a choice in staying here since they didn't require a two night stay but maybe I should've looked a little harder to find another motel.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Xphilenut

Travellers are raving about these Greenport hotels

Mastic, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were in town for the Greenport Maritime Festival. Thought we'd stay overnight and booked the motel. What a mistake!! We walked into room which smelled of mold and mildew.
We should have checked out at that point, but it was late and we didn't know if we could find another place because of the Festival. On closer look, the bathroom was "mold haven"!
There was mold on the shower curtain, mold at the bottom of shower, and mold on the shampoo holder (which there was none of). The radiators were rusted. You received a paper shower mat for when you stepped out of the shower, which then stuck to your feet when you got it wet. I just couldn't believe it!! I've never stayed in a place like this and at $195.00 per night, I was appalled! Find someplace else to stay, we will next year. The units need total renovation to be healthy.

Room Tip: Don't chose any.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Bay Shore, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I've been visiting the Drossos Motel every summer for over 15 years and I always look forward to the charming atmosphere and friendly family that owns and operates it. It's such a breath of fresh air to really get away from it all and be almost transported to a time where people actually cared about each other! The motel is newly renovated within the last two years and is always clean and cozy. My kids love that they can play the miniature golf course on site and I love that I can sit on the patio just outside my door in the morning and drink my morning coffee in peace and quiet and relax before the day starts. I don't know what the negative reviewers are talking about. I've never had a problem with cleanliness here! The rooms are well taken care of by the family... not some minimum wage help that doesn't care if your linens are clean. It's not the Hilton... and it's not meant to be! No snobby front desk, no crowded elevators, just a quaint setting and clean, comfy rooms at a price you can't beat!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

OMG... on a trip to the LI "wine country", we booked a few rooms at the Drossos Motel. The lady on the phone was certainly nice enough.... and I booked the "best" room in the Motel for my husband and myself. Well... let me tell YOU... this place is FULL of mold!!! EVERYTHING reeks of mold!!! The air conditioning spews mold!! It was hands down the WORST hotel room I've ever been in.

Room Tip: Best room? Trust me... there are NONE!
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank GaGaOf2
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My wife, children & I spent last weekend at Drossos Motel. We loved every minute of our stay. A gentleman, who I later learned is related to the Owners, fixed my son's bicycle. What is not to love about the setting, the family atmosphere and a relaxing Memorial Day Weekend.

The rooms, we had two - one our sons and one for us, were clean and well appointed. The staff extremely friendly and attentive. The best part is the on site miniature golf course which kept the boys entertained for many hours over the weekend.

I highly recommend heading out East to stay at Drossos Motel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MFROMMY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Sound View Greenport
#2 of 3 in Southold
The Pridwin Hotel
The Pridwin Hotel
#3 of 5 in Shelter Island

Been to Drossos Motel? Share your experiences!