“Wonderful Location and Grand Host”
Review of Sunset Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenport
Sunset Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you want clean, well equipped and well maintained lodging with a price that is most reasonable for the area the Sunset Motel is for you. And the location is on the sound with a private beach and a wonderful view. A real bonus is that you get to meet and interact with Theresa who will provide insight about to places to visit, recommend excellent restaurants, coffee shops and wineries. She is a font of knowledge and a most congenial and helpful host.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sunset Motel

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just spent a week on a little road trip starting in Saratoga Springs, then on to Woodstock VT, on way home to Long Island my wife says I don't feel like unpacking when we get home. So I thought why go home then. I detoured to New London and took the ferry to Orient. While on the Ferry I browsed Tripadvisor and read the reviews of the Sunset Motel. Reading the reviews it seemed too good to be true, so I called and lucked out they had one room available. Upon arrival we were greeted by a fairly plan looking 2 story motel but the grounds were immaculate right down to the water, Checking in we met Therese who could not be more cordial and she gave us advise about the area and restaurants. She went as far as checking the time of sunset and booking us a reservation on the outside deck of a local restaurant so we would be there for the sunset. The 1 BR suite was quite comfortable with an enclosed balcony with wonderful views. I would give 10 if the ratings went that high.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I spend several nights at the Sunset Motel mid-week early in the summer season and found our host, Therese to be most welcoming, engaging and gracious. Our room's balcony afforded us a quiet space to enjoy viewing Long Island Sound and some beautiful sunsets.
We look forward to our next visit to the North Fork and the Sunset. Wholly recommended.

Room Tip: Second story rooms in the building directly facing Long Island sound have sitting balconies affordin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I came to Sunset with My Family for a week. Therese was lovely! She was very accommodating, and great to chat to. Our room was clean, and our kitchenette was amazing to have for the week. We used it for nearly every meal the whole week!
I love the screened in patios! I spent so much time relaxing out there due to the rainy weather. They overlook a spacious lawn area that leads to the beach.
I am so happy we stayed at Sunset Motel. It was very close to Greenport Village, and still felt secluded from the traffic. It was the perfect calmness I needed to refresh from the busy city life. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a corner room, a little bigger view of the beach scenery.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

If you are looking for the real Northfork with a gorgeous view of the sunset, private beach, rustic charm, and a peaceful atmosphere where you can unplug and get away from the hectic world, come out and stop over to see Therese! She will treat you like family and make you feel at home!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kathrynepeterson
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This vacation, for us, was outstanding thanks to the warm welcome and help from Therese. What a pleasure to have stayed here. Our views were beautiful even though the weather was "iffy" for a good part of the stay.
Can't say enough about Therese - her graciousness and help in locating the best restaurants and jaunts.
It's not about the facility. It's about the people. Tops the list!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachbums516
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Sunset Motel is a charming motel that is reasonably priced and has killer views.

My husband and I stayed there this weekend for a little getaway. We chose it for the value and the close proximity to the village of Greenport. Since it is not tourist season on the North Fork yet, there were quite a few vacancies at the motel. That suited us just fine. Our room was more than adequate. Our room contained a queen bed, a typical bathroom with a stand-up shower, a pull-out loveseat couch, a small tv, a kitchenette, and a screened in porch that overlooked the huge yard.

The selling point of this motel is it's location. It is right on the Sound. A very short walk through a beautiful and HUGE yard leads to a small area for cook-outs. There are two picnic tables and two grills. At the picnic area, there are stairs that lead down to the beach. After a long day of activities, watching the sun set over the Sound while sitting on the beach was a perfect ending to the day.

The motel is a very short drive into the heart of Greenport Village.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iamagenius
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Sound View Greenport
#2 of 3 in Southold
Southold Beach Motel
Southold Beach Motel
#3 of 3 in Southold

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!