“Simple and Delicious”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had dinner here with my family and there wasn't one dish that we didn't like. I had the duck breast which was cooked to perfection and not overly sauced or seasoned. I also tried the mussels which were delicious. One of the diners at my table lovers Belgian beers so he was happy to see their beer selection. I will say that we ate earlier than we normally would so that we wouldn't have to wait for a table. But for a meal this good, I would gladly wait.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Biere is a destination restaurant worth traveling to. It is reminiscent of bistros one would hope to find in European villages. The food is outstanding (deserving of a Michelin star), ranging from superb mussels and frites to inventive yet unpretentious preparations of the freshest fish, seafood, poultry and grass-fed beef. The vast majority of the ingredients are native to the North Fork, ("I could throw a rock and hit that oyster") and those that are provided by personal farming friends of the owners. On a recent visit we had mussels as a starter followed by the best roast duck on the planet, both dishes paired individually with draft beer personally and perfectly selected by Frank, the owner. He knows his stuff. There are no reservations, so go early or be patient for a table. You will be rewarded.

1  Thank BigRickyC
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Biere manages to be both authentically Greenport and an authentic cucina. Frank and family create a such unique and welcoming place that draws so many locals that it can feel like a club for Greenporters with so many people stopping by tables of friends and neighbors to say hi, but inclusive enough that out-of-towners often leave feeling part of the club. And, the kitchen serves such fresh, delicious, and personally prepared food it would fit into any Italian city. I always leave feeling contently relaxed and with great taste memories.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The food is definitely the best on the North Fork, the locals who live and work in Greenport I have heard them say Franks place is definitely the best food on the North Fork. Its best to order a drink and let Frank surprise you with the meal. Its a total experience that I have not had in any restaurant.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The restaurant is a not so well kept secret anymore, so you might wait for one precious table, and it is all worth the time. We go there all year long, and Frank, the owner, is always there, serving his chef's wife's amazing food, and pulling great surprises out of his many hats, such as local oysters, Peconic Bay scallops, grass fed beef and the absolute best ice creams in New York state.
Should I add that he makes wine in his domain? Please try his sauvignon blanc, or chardonnay. You will fall in love at the corner banquette and keep asking for more, with a bit of jazzy music keeping your dreams and your date happy and happier. Go!!!