My wife and I enjoyed a night at the Stirling House BnB right after our wedding. We had never stayed in Greenport and were sold on Stirling house based on the great reviews and views on the website. The in did not disappoint! Clay is a very nice man and very easy to deal with. We were delayed in our arrival and then ran into the yearly Maritime fair when we pulled into town. Clay was able to give us directions to get around the fair and to the BnB. It's not often that we say this, but the photos on the website don't do the inn justice. The inn is located directly across the street from the Stirling Bay and the scenery is beautiful. It sits near the end of a dead end street and there is ample parking. We stayed in the French Room and the room was great. We loved the jacuzzi tub and spacious living area. The town is literally two blocks from the inn and we didn't use the car once we parked. We enjoyed a delicious diiner at Clay's suggestion and spent two days enjoying the Maritime fair and the quaint village and it's shops. The room was spacious and airy and we didn't even use the AC, but instead left the windows open and let the breeze off of the water cool us. Breakfast was amazing. We are our on the front porch with the view of the bay. Breakfast consisted of a fruit parfait, homemade scones and crossaints, and delicious "vertcail omlet" with homefrys and a varity of hot sauces. There were also a variety of juices. The house is clean and spacious. There is 24/7 access to snacks, drinks, and sitting areas.
While in the area, don't miss the carousel in the main village park. It is a treat!
We thoroughly enjoyed this inn and will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront luxury in Greenport Village. Thank you to our guests! June, 2015 - Tripadvisor inducted The Stirling House into its Hall of Fame for receiving the Award of Excellence for the fifth year in a row. Featured on NBC's The Today Show, The Stirling House Bed & Breakfast is the top rated waterfront inn of Long Island. Quality abounds and the guests come first at The Stirling House, Long Island Wine Country's gem. Award winning breakfasts, gorgeous views of Greenport Harbor and Shelter. Boutique hotel, with expert concierge service. Vine Time, the total wine experience is both hosted by The Stirling House. Licensed by NYS Liquor Authority, The Stirling House is the North Fork's ONLY fully wine licensed B&B. 06/2011 Vine University - The All inclusive wine making class and getaway has started and has been met with very favorable reviews from their "freshman class". Stirling House provides their guests with complimentary area beach passes, as well as towels and chairs on demand. Wi-fi, i-Pod docking stations, ensuite pruvate bathrooms, flatscreen TV/DVD players, fireplaces, and so much more. You will never want to leave the porch! Better Homes and Gardens, Wine Enthusiast, Frommers, NY Daily News, WPIX TV, Edible Magazines, and Coastal Living rate The Stirling House B&B as their first choice. Shouldn't you? Celebrities come here to feel normal, and normal people are treated like celebrities. Coming Fall 2015 Guided Bike Tours of the North Fork Coming Winter 2015 Clay's Baking Lab 101 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stirling House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stirling House b&b
- Stirling House Hotel Greenport
- Stirling House Bed And Breakfast Greenport, NY - Long Island