We've been coming to this spot for many years and have stayed in everything from their motel rooms to the cottages to their largest house. Rustic and far from fancy, every place is comfortable and relaxed for young families, couples, seniors and everything in between. A huge waterfront location that looks more like a mountain lake than a salt water bay, it's perfect for swimming, kayaking, water skiing and more. The sandy beach with small waves is ideal for even very young children. There's also a swimming pool. Greenport Village is a terrific vacation spot. It has the charm of a New England seaside village with a carousel smack in the middle of its quaint downtown. Plenty of dockfront areas to stroll right by the old-fashioned fishing boats, ferries and multi-million-dollar yachts. There's lots of food choices -- breakfast spots, pizzerias, family restaurants and even a few 5-star Manhattan eateries. Wineries are all over the place. Family run for decades, the Silver Sands owners are sweet people who go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. Returning guests always talk amongst ourselves how hard-working and special the owners are, making you feel like you're at your own home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "DIRTY DANCING meets THE FLAMINGO KID" - NEW YORK MAGAZINE, April 2007The Silver Sands Motel and Beach Cottages was established in 1961 on 40 unspoiled acres on Peconic Bay in Greenport, facing Shelter Island. We are a quiet getaway for beach and nature lovers, and their families, and have been for generations. Our rooms and cottages all have microwaves, mini-fridges, television, AC, and some have efficiency units as well as full kitchens. We are set off the beaten-path in Greenport, down a wooded road on the beach and are adjacent to 18 acres of pristine wetlands. Over the last half-century, we have been host to families, couples, studio film shoots, major fashion shoots, and have been featured in the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, THE NEW YORKER, TIME-OUT, TRAVEL & LEISURE, and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVEL MAGAZINE. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Hotel Greenport
- Silver Sands Motel And Beach Cottages
- Silver Sands Hotel Beach
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Greenport, NY - Long Island