This is our second stay at Silver Sands.
The service is great. They owners are friendly, accommodating and pleasant. They provide breakfast each day (muffins, cereal, milk, coffee and tea), which is a great plus. The location is convenient to most activities out there and the view is outstanding.
But, do not book here if you are expecting top rate rooms. The place is old, run down and in need of a serious upgrade. We had orange shag carpet and a sagging sofa that has seen much better days. However, even though it needs the update, the place is CLEAN. And to us, that's the most important.
It's a great value - just don't expect anything new.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "DIRTY DANCING meets THE FLAMINGO KID" - NEW YORK MAGAZINE, April 2007The Silver Sands Motel and Beach Cottages was established in 1961 on 40 unspoiled acres on Peconic Bay in Greenport, facing Shelter Island. We are a quiet getaway for beach and nature lovers, and their families, and have been for generations. Our rooms and cottages all have microwaves, mini-fridges, television, AC, and some have efficiency units as well as full kitchens. We are set off the beaten-path in Greenport, down a wooded road on the beach and are adjacent to 18 acres of pristine wetlands. Over the last half-century, we have been host to families, couples, studio film shoots, major fashion shoots, and have been featured in the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, THE NEW YORKER, TIME-OUT, TRAVEL & LEISURE, and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVEL MAGAZINE. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Motel And Beach Cottages
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Hotel Greenport
- Silver Sands Hotel Beach
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Greenport, NY - Long Island