My partner and I and her family have been holidaying here for the last couple of years, we love the design and family friendly atmosphere. It's a great base to enjoy greenport and to get over to shelter island. In season and out it fells like you are living the classic American movie. I cannot recommend silver sand enough it manages the unusual combination of stepping back in time while being clean and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "DIRTY DANCING meets THE FLAMINGO KID" - NEW YORK MAGAZINE, April 2007The Silver Sands Motel and Beach Cottages was established in 1961 on 40 unspoiled acres on Peconic Bay in Greenport, facing Shelter Island. We are a quiet getaway for beach and nature lovers, and their families, and have been for generations. Our rooms and cottages all have microwaves, mini-fridges, television, AC, and some have efficiency units as well as full kitchens. We are set off the beaten-path in Greenport, down a wooded road on the beach and are adjacent to 18 acres of pristine wetlands. Over the last half-century, we have been host to families, couples, studio film shoots, major fashion shoots, and have been featured in the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, THE NEW YORKER, TIME-OUT, TRAVEL & LEISURE, and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVEL MAGAZINE. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Motel And Beach Cottages
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Hotel Greenport
- Silver Sands Hotel Beach
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Greenport, NY - Long Island