Silver Sands is a retro relaxation location. It may not be up to date design wise, but it's what we need in this rush of a world. They have motel rooms and cottages. A private beach with lounge chairs and a pool. Within walking distance to downtown Greenport. A short drive to Orient, the Shelter Island ferry and a great location for the North Fork Wine Trail. Located on the Peconic bay, the views are fantastic at all times during the day and night. About 40 minutes from Riverhead and the outlets gives you a place to go if it rains. Downtown Greenport has shopping, dining, a carousel and boat/kyack rentals.
We stayed in a cottage a few times over the last 5 years. These have a kitchette, a bedroom and a couple single beds for the kids. Everything that we need is in there. We don't eat out much so we bought groceries. We did not have a problem cooking what we needed. My daughter had a great time playing in the bay, the pool, on the sand, collecting shells.
The staff is beyond friendly. Always making sure your stay is up to expectations.
If you're looking for Posh expensive modern hotel to work while you're on vacation this may not be the place for you. This is the place you come to enjoy the water, the views and get away from everything for a little bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "DIRTY DANCING meets THE FLAMINGO KID" - NEW YORK MAGAZINE, April 2007The Silver Sands Motel and Beach Cottages was established in 1961 on 40 unspoiled acres on Peconic Bay in Greenport, facing Shelter Island. We are a quiet getaway for beach and nature lovers, and their families, and have been for generations. Our rooms and cottages all have microwaves, mini-fridges, television, AC, and some have efficiency units as well as full kitchens. We are set off the beaten-path in Greenport, down a wooded road on the beach and are adjacent to 18 acres of pristine wetlands. Over the last half-century, we have been host to families, couples, studio film shoots, major fashion shoots, and have been featured in the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, THE NEW YORKER, TIME-OUT, TRAVEL & LEISURE, and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVEL MAGAZINE. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Motel And Beach Cottages
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Hotel Greenport
- Silver Sands Hotel Beach
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Greenport, NY - Long Island