“A great pleasure”

Ranked #15 of 71 Restaurants in Greenport
Price range: US$10 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in 2012, First and South is a relaxed atmosphere with quality fare, drinks, craft beer & wine! A well-rounded view of what the North Fork environment has to offer.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I went for dinner early on Saturday night. The staff gave us a great table outside with room for our double stroller (the kids slept). We've been meaning to come here for quite some time but never made it for whatever reason. I truly regret this failure. The food was excellent. All the flavors were bold and clean. We loved the calamari - not greasy and with a nice smoky sauce. The cod chowder was excellent as well. Main course was wonderful too - blackened blowfish. Staff was very attentive and pleasant. After a bunch of disappointing experiences in greenport, I must say this this restaurant reminded us of how good dining on the north fork can be when done properly. We'll be back... often.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a lovely spring brunch outside at First and South. My companions liked the bean burger. I had the bacon and eggs. The fries are very fried and tasty. I would recommend some mayo with the fries instead of the home-made ketchup. We have not been there for dinner.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Food, drink, atmosphere, service - this place is the best. The menu is unusual, don't let it deter you. Inquire about the ingredients - they are sure to surprise you. The bar and restaurant and outdoor areas are comfortable, cozy, and just plain perfect for all seasons. It's become a Greenport favorite!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a well located place with friendly staff that tries hard. Nonetheless the food is at best mediocre. I ordered a small steak medium (I told them I wanted it just a little pink) and it came out quivering and bloody. OK, fine. I had to get up to get the server who was inattentive. She sent it back while my wife ate her just ok fish entree. After about 10 minutes the steak came back and while more cooked, parts of it were still raw. Of the 8 ounces maybe 4 were to my taste. I didn't go out of my way to complain. When the server asked how everything was, I showed her and told her. She said , I am going to let the chef know and left to do so.

When she returned, no apology, no nothing. Not a word. When the check came, not one penny of concession. A $38 8 ounce steak that was raw.

I advise anyone in this area to go to Noah's, where the food is generally excellent and they care about their customers.

1  Thank Rotelst
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Don't miss the fries! They are awesome. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The dining room is decorated with corner sofa built ins with pillows. Nice, comfy touch. As we were leaving, we were thanked for coming and asked if we enjoyed our food. Way to do business!