“Not a good experience.”

Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Square Is A Unique Culinary Experience Brought To You By Award-winning Chef Keith Luce. Whether You're Stopping In For A Caffeinated Pick-me-up, A Quick Bite, A Sweet Treat, A Drink With Friends, Looking For A Traditional Dining Experience, Or Even Shopping For Kitchen And Home Goods, You Will Find It In The Square.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was at this restaurant Saturday night and from the start we had a problem with getting a table eventhough we had made a reservation a week in advance. Then we sat at a table for 4 that was two tables next to each other and one taller than the other so they were not leveled. We placed our order and it took over 45 minutes for us to be served. The table next to us that had arrived 20 minutes after us were served diner before our table. The food was average I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We tried The Square in Greenport last weekend. It is adding to the list of fine restaurants in Greenport on Long Islands North Fork. My wife had the lamb which she said was very good(I'm not a lamb person) and I had a pasta dish with calms and Chorizo sausage. It was very good as well. The menu was brief there seemed to be as many apps as entree's. The wine list, as with most of the area restaurants, features mainly local LI vintages. Our table was outside under an awning. It was a beautiful evening which made the experience all the better.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Spent $100 on take-out lunch for 5, not at a restaurant, but at a window where they hand you a hot dog or a taco. PRICEY - which is totally fine with me if the value is there. Well - soft tacos on soft corn tortillas should be heated up on the grill before serving. Ours were doubled-up and raw out of the bag. Not good at all. My pizza with Artisinal Pancetta, goat cheese and duck fat was so dry that I had to steal my wifes salsa to choke it down. Sauce was just a red crust on the bread and the artisinal bacon tasetd like....bacon. The Square is a neat little parcel that has soooooo much potential. I'm rooting for them, hopefully they can tune-up the menu at Prep soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

At Main on a Sunday night we were told they could "fit us in", and they did - a table at the end of the L-shaped dining room's small side. What a mistake - when some other guests were about to be seated at the next table, they asked to be moved. We knew something was awry. Service was very slow and even though our seat was next to a service station, no one ever offerred any service.

After bringing a beverage the waitress said she would refill my water glass but after several minutes we asked one of the buss staff for it. Other than a brief "how is everything", as we were nearly finished with our meal, we didn't see her until we asked another member of the staff, after waiting quite a while after our plates were removed, to bring the check and she reappeared.

Food is a little pricey but considering the short season up here, not far from similiar establishments. My wife wasn't feeling well and just wanted what were listed as boiled potatoes but were clearly roasted. For $6, three small potatoes (looks like more when cut in half) really seems overpriced.

Menu does look good, just be sure to sit where the staff can see you.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Interesting menu with large portions. Pricey for apps and entrees,but typical for greenport. Favor and presentation of meal excellent .noisy atmosphere even inside. Liked outside music. Service was good and it was busy.
Had steak special it was delicious. Would like to try other foods in square plaza. Everyone with me enjoyed there meals.