“Spectacular burger.”

Salamander's On Front
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Greenport
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Description: Casual, eclectic dining with full service bar. Food is house-made, locally sourced when possible, organic or antibiotic & hormone-free from the finest purveyors. Full-service at tables & on the mezzanine. Specialty food store department offers fine imported foods & ingredients to take home. Take out menu available, including legendary fried chicken, etc.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

When you travel in the off-season, you sometimes don't get what you want. We wanted to eat in the Frisky Oyster - it was shut.

But just over the street, Salamander's beckoned, and I'm rather glad it did.

There are a lot of good things to say - a nice restaurant, friendly service - the locals were greeted warmly. It also has the nice feature of having its own shop and I can wholeheartedly recommend picking up (and paying for!) a bag of wasabi peas - or anything else, it's a great little market.

But, lunch is what I came here for, and it was the lunch that was stand-out delicious. I ate a Kobe beef burger and it was just brilliant - really one of the best burgers I'd ever eaten. This is the kind of thing I would expect from one of Manhattan's finest yet here I was unexpectedly getting lucky over lunch in Greenport.

This place is a real find - enjoy.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Coming from a self titled foodie, I was very impressed and I hate to say it but I have nothing bad to say. The food and ingredient selection is for the intelligent palate. This is not the place if you are happy buying commercial grade food. After enjoying a kobe burger and an amazing virgils root beer I was beyond content. The portions were generous and this is coming from a 265lb, 6 ft 1in. Male. I grew up eating in some of the best places in NY and I can promise you a stop at salamanders is well worth the trip. Don't be fooled by the general store name this is not your average eatery. The owner is from England and she is a self taught culinary expert. The menu selection is eccentric but refined like the wait staff. The owner loves a greeting as I can promise she is the farthest thing from being pretentious as looks may warrant. She is a lovely and caring person and she wears her heart on her sleeve like the passion she puts into her food. Go sit and prepare to be inspired by her food. God Bless and Enjoy!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

While I understand that they are just reopen inn in this new location, my party of 6 was shoved up in a little hidden room, with boxes and cups and baskets strewn about the room. our waiter was nice enough. We ordered some cocktails, the cosmos were made with grapefruit juice..umm hello? I ordered seltzer and vodka, and got flat seltzer with a little splash of vodka. Need less to say all of it got returned. We ordered salads and wings..that was it. it took 45 minutes for that..they left us upstairs,not checking onus at all. My salad was nice, and the wings were great. but 140 dollars later for 4 salads, a sandwich and some potato salad, seems a little much. We waited upstairs for so long to. Get pur bill, we eventually had to walk downstairs and pay ourselves at the counter. I will never,ever return to this place! Horrible service, and the "bartender..she needed to go back to school!

1  Thank stinkygirl21
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Small little country café with the best fried chicken I have ever had, cute cozy little place with a bar and delicious pastries, If you ever go to North Fork "It's A Must!'

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I am actually rating Salamander on which I believe is the new location for the above restaurant. It is a gourmet shop and restaurant with just the right goodies you might want to take home and the food was delicious. I had lamb sausage on crusty bread, delicious, and everyone I was with was also very pleased with their fare.