“Beautiful, Modern, Slice of Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kontokosta Winery

Kontokosta Winery
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Greenport
Vail, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Beautiful, Modern, Slice of Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This beautiful vineyard is the perfect stop either to or from the ferry! Or even with friends and family! I went with some friends who are members so we automatically received special treatment which was a fabulous start! We tasted several of the wines, the reds were definitely more my favorite. The old barn tasting room is very trendy, modern and clean. There is a lovely outdoor terrace and cut grass pathway that leads to a spectacular view over the ocean. There are a few swimming holes that look like the perfect place to take a dip on a warm summer day. If I lived in the area, I’m sure I would be a member in no time! A must stop even if just for the view!

Orient, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Spectacular setting, good wines, terrible service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The place is simply gorgeous. Grab a glass of your favorite wine and walk to the bluffs ti drink in the vista. Regarding service: I was there with my wife and another couple, we are in our forties and were quite serious when we approached the bar (ie;NOT A BACHELOR PARTY) we were made to feel as if we were interrupting the servers. Sorry guys!!! Maybe you should get a different job if you hate serving wine and educating potential clients. Anyways.....the anemometer white is undrinkable while the anemometer red is rich and fruity with a genuine oak nose and pairs VERY WELL with cahrred beef or grilled fish. Despite the horrendous service is definitely worth a stop.

Setauket, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Gorgeous setting. Walk to LI Sound and outdoor seating area.
Wine was excellent-staff also. Unpaved driveway

Visited September 2013
Simsbury, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful winery, great wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The staff were excellent, the winery was beautiful with a view of the Sound, and the wine was the best of the 3 we visited. We enjoyed the Savignon Blanc and Cabernet Franc the best.

Brooklyn, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Beautiful, eco-friendly winery on the North Fork.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I love Long Island wine country, and am always excited to find and try some new wineries. On a recent drive out to East Marion, we drove past this place, and decided to give it a try. They opened just this year, and are not on the LI Wine Council map. The tasting room is gorgeous and modern. They have a huge sitting area, as well. The building was made entirely from repurposed materials, (and I'm pretty sure the guy explained that the whole place is wind-powered...I was drinking, so I can't be sure). The tasting selections included a variety of whites and reds. We enjoyed the white blend, chardonnay and sauvignon blanc. They also sell some nice olive oils, which they have for sample at the tasting bar. There is a walkway that leads to the beach, and we were encouraged to go explore and enjoy the property with a glass of wine, which we did. I look forward to coming back soon.

Visited July 2013