“Spectacular harbor views from top deck”
Review of Barbeque Bills - CLOSED

Barbeque Bills
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here twice in the past two months. Both times for lunch midweek. The views from the top dining floor, especially if you"re on the rail, are worth the price of your meal. On both occasions I had great service and really good food. This is not fine dining. It is as the name implies. Holidays and weekends are jam packed and it can get quite noisy. Overall a terrific location, relaxed atmosphere, food and service that makes you want to return.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

OK - So this is not high cuisine. But my 8/9 year olds absolutely love it. I like dry BBQ, not wet saucy BBQ, and it seems that most offerings here are the latter. That said, we always leave with a smile. That is, except for my wife who's a vegetarian...go figure. Sit upstairs if its open...

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Billy's final product (with the exception of the flavorless cole slaw) was good and reasonably priced for a resort town in summer but there was almost no one there and the service was dreadful -- very slow, at least one mixed up order out of 6, and when I asked for a spicy sauce for the chips (that is served with many of their dishes) it arrived after we had eaten. Also, it's a big place and even when it's empty, there was a line at the restrooms.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Went to try this on a Monday night. We were the only two people there. Was able to see the cooks preparing the meal and they kept eating things that fell to the counter and did not change gloves since the time we sat down. I wanted to leave and complain but my wife asked me to calm down. Disgusting and gross. Won't ever return here. Stay far away and avoid mono hep-c and other food borne illness as well. Avoid! !!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Arrived in Greenport at 11am. Saw a sign at Bill's BBQ advertising breakfast with a view of the harbor. My wife and I decided to try it out. It was a big mistake. I ordered scrambled egg whites, grits and crispy toast. The restaurant was not crowded but it still took over 30 minutes to get runny egg whites, partially toasted rye bread and over cooked and cold potatoes. I did not eat the breakfast. They were out of grits but did not feel it was necessary to tell me. My wife ordered fried eggs, sausage, rye toast and grits. Her eggs were fine, the toast was undercooked, the sausage were fine and once again no grits, just cold over cooked potatoes. The one positive is that the waitress apologized for the kitchen's inability to deliver a timely and quality meal and she did not charge me for my breakfast.

While I cannot comment on the BBQ at Bill's, if breakfast is any indication, stay away.