“We have been discriminated here”

Claudio's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 69 Restaurants in Greenport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dockside dining, inside and out, right on Greenport Harbor. Casual, resort-style attire.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were out and about at "downtown" Greenport looking for a place to eat. We checked out Claudio's outdoor places and didn't like the Junk-food feel of it so went to the main restaurant instead. We never got past the hostess, she took one look at us (a couple with 2 young children both in strollers) and said they have no table available for a while. Just behind her was an empty table; assuming this was an issue of place for the strollers we decided to wait and after about 5 minutes she came back and said: "it is going to take a while"... I don't normally see my self as someone who speaks "American" (just moved here 2y ago) but this time it was very clear that what she meant was that we are not welcome there.
It might be totally true that they had nowhere to put us but the way we were handled was manipulative and rude. If someone would just tell us - I am so sorry but we don't have a room at this moment or maybe try to work things out with us (like fold the strollers?) I wouldn't complain but this was insulting!

2  Thank sivan s

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Located on the pier. Was tempted by the wide selection of seafood options and bargain prices. Ordered clams (which came with fries, coleslaw & tartare sauce). Very cafe style presentation and clam pieces so uniform could have been frozen! When bill requested to settle, waitress almost slid it off the table across to my husband! Not the best of experiences I'm afraid.

1  Thank Pinkfish01
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Two pints of ice cold Pumpkin Ale with a sugar Cinamon Rim, Hot clam chowder on a cool fall day, old school decore overlooking a warf. I'll take this version of Claudios over the chaotic, biker-infested Claudios of the Summer any day. Sit at the bar for lunch anytime after Labor Day and you will have a great experience, no doubt.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We walked in without a reservation and John gave us the worst table with other tables empty. He had said rather rudely that those tables were for customers who reserved them. While we were deciding if we wanted to stay there he grabbed the menu's really rudely and stormed off. We walked to the front and said to him that we were deciding what to do and he didn't care. SO RUDE!!
Go to Noah's the food is excellent and so is the service!!

1  Thank Leslierapp
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Claudio's is a mainstay of Greenport and the North fork. A tradition for seafood,waterfront dining and drinks. It has become a tourist hot spot, but the food quality is still good. The seafood is fresh and well prepared, and the service was excellent! My wife had steamers and a lobster roll, and she was very happy! I don't eat seafood, so I had a burger, it was very good. Our waiter was friendly and efficient and added to the experience. The atmosphere is " old timely" in a very good way. Woth a stop for lunch or dinner.