“Historical place to check out.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Claudio's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 61 Restaurants in Greenport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dockside dining, inside and out, right on Greenport Harbor. Casual, resort-style attire.
Temecula, California
“Historical place to check out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were in Greenport just shopping when we came across this place. It has a real old time feel which I like. I ordered the White Clam Chowder which was fantastic! The other orders were clams and fish n chips. Everything else was very good as well. Our server we very polite and always checked up on us.
A few days after going here we watched a National Geographic show on prohibition and this place played a major part in illegal spirits. They said there is still to this day a "trapdoor" in the floor behind the bar where they used to store the booze. I wish that i would have known that because I would have loved to see it. Next time I go I will be sure to ask to check it out. Worth the stop.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

New York City, New York
“We have been discriminated here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were out and about at "downtown" Greenport looking for a place to eat. We checked out Claudio's outdoor places and didn't like the Junk-food feel of it so went to the main restaurant instead. We never got past the hostess, she took one look at us (a couple with 2 young children both in strollers) and said they have no table available for a while. Just behind her was an empty table; assuming this was an issue of place for the strollers we decided to wait and after about 5 minutes she came back and said: "it is going to take a while"... I don't normally see my self as someone who speaks "American" (just moved here 2y ago) but this time it was very clear that what she meant was that we are not welcome there.
It might be totally true that they had nowhere to put us but the way we were handled was manipulative and rude. If someone would just tell us - I am so sorry but we don't have a room at this moment or maybe try to work things out with us (like fold the strollers?) I wouldn't complain but this was insulting!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sivan s
“Budget priced seafood place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Located on the pier. Was tempted by the wide selection of seafood options and bargain prices. Ordered clams (which came with fries, coleslaw & tartare sauce). Very cafe style presentation and clam pieces so uniform could have been frozen! When bill requested to settle, waitress almost slid it off the table across to my husband! Not the best of experiences I'm afraid.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Pinkfish01
Orient, NY
“Claudios in the Fall - Perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Two pints of ice cold Pumpkin Ale with a sugar Cinamon Rim, Hot clam chowder on a cool fall day, old school decore overlooking a warf. I'll take this version of Claudios over the chaotic, biker-infested Claudios of the Summer any day. Sit at the bar for lunch anytime after Labor Day and you will have a great experience, no doubt.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“JOHN IS RUDE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We walked in without a reservation and John gave us the worst table with other tables empty. He had said rather rudely that those tables were for customers who reserved them. While we were deciding if we wanted to stay there he grabbed the menu's really rudely and stormed off. We walked to the front and said to him that we were deciding what to do and he didn't care. SO RUDE!!
Go to Noah's the food is excellent and so is the service!!

Visited August 2013