“Vastly overrated” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating
London
“Vastly overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

I am from England and I had high hopes for this place. Sadly the service and food was not to the standard that one would expect.
First , when we entered the place was empty and we were a party of four plus one ( very quiet ) baby. We were made to feel unwelcome when we asked if we could bring a small pram into the premises. the wrap was $12 and it was dry and not really worth that sum ( especially when there was a place about 100 yards up the road that appeared to offer a better choice for $5 cheaper ). Also when my salad 'on the side' had dressing & I asked if I could have one without I later heard the owner and staff member complain about my asking. The 'salad' was nothing special.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rodvc

Greenport, New York
“Best Lunch in Greenport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

Best lunch in Greenport! Fast, homemade, and great service. Excellent "No Cell Phone Policy" makes it a pleasant eating experience.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
rhood
“The magic of the tea shop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2008

This petite shop and restaurant amazed my taste buds and my soul. In a quiet location, it's both relaxing and comforting. You can enjoy a variety of teas, including my favorite, very berry, or many other exoctic flavors. Treat your cravings with the delicious quiches, wraps, soups, or salads. You can see a beautiful display of high tea with a triple-decker delight. It's both appealing to the eye, and the tummy. There's also wonderful desserts and scones with cream and jam, that'll send your cravings on a rollercoster of amazement. The workers are always pleasant and welcoming. And if you would like to, which im sure you will, you can even buy some of their products, including a stylisht-shirt with the catchy logo, teapots, loose teas, jellies, and many more exquisite items. So if you would like to experience a memorable time, bring in friends, families, and loved ones to enjoy a life changing visit at the G-PO' TEA CO'.
enjoy :)
-Bobby

Greenport, New York
“Quality place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2008

This is a wonderful place. The teas they have are delicious, and one is so good, an English friend keeps requesting me to ship tea over to London...so that says it all about their tea! What people might not think of though is lunch...and they should. The lunches here are consistently delicious and there is quite a nice variety on the menu. The high tea lunch for two is a great over the top experience, and their BLT salad and their inventive wraps are always excellent. I like the atmosphere and am happy to have a great place for lunch on the North Fork. And for the East End, it is very reasonably priced. Thanks!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love tea, and i love to sit and talk over sipping on a cup. this place is great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2007