“Everything Good, Nothing Great, Nothing Bad”
Review of Loft Restaurant - CLOSED

Loft Restaurant
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The salads are excellent, but on the smaller side. Overall, the food was good, but I was disappointed with the the steamers that came out at room temperature. In addition, the sauce had too much oil and garlic that tasted as though it was prepared from a jar. I prefer to taste the seafood with a little less seasoning. The hamburger was average but nicely dressed, and the fries were outstanding.

The choice of beers are lacking and the wine list on the smaller side, but the view is nice overlooking Front Street. Service was good and the decor on the inside was very nice with the vaulted ceilings and the nautical color scheme.

We meant to try other places prior, but because our trip was on a Monday, many of the places were closed so we venture to the Loft. I would go back again for lunch.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We were in Greenport looking for a moderately priced restaurant and found the Loft, which is above a Deli. My wife had the lobster quesedilla and I had the smoked Irish Salmon salad. Both dishes were surprisingly very good, considering the reasonable price.
The quesedilla had a lot of lobster claw chunks and was quite tasty. The smoked salmon dish had a very generous portion of salmon, which I decided was enough for my dinner, as this is listed as an appetizer.
I had an excellent local draft beer, while my wife ordered a cocktail special- which was too fruit-juicy (?) and sweet.
We would definitely return.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Had dinner in the upstairs, outdoor section of the Loft in the center of Greenport. Excellent view of the town. Food was mediocre. Have visited before but this time the biggest disappointment was the service. Had what appeared to be trainees serving our table. That would have been fine up until the bill came. Waiter never came to get paid. Went to bar and the Bartender said she could not give it to us, only our waiter could do so and only the waiter could give us change. I waited for change and they rounded up the bill! I don't care about the few cents, but they did this without asking if it was okay and then was surprised when I asked for the few cents.

No apologies for any delays or behavior. Will probably not return as the food was only mediocre.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Loft provided us with an adequate, late night bite. Nothing fancy but the service was excellent and the veggie burgers were ok. We are vegetarians and Greenport restaurants tend to ignore us, generally offering one or perhaps two dishes to accommodate our dining requirements; more afterthought such as a salad than a genuine culinary effort. So, we appreciated finding the Loft and realize that they cater more towards meat and fish, not surprising in a beach town, so our expectations were not high. We did, however, find the restaurant pleasant and would return.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Went to this resaurant on a whim while walking on Front Street. Should have realized something was wrong when there were only 2 people eating at 7pm on a week-end nite. Both drinks ordered came with gingerale instead of tonic, the calamari app was over fried and the cold inside. There was also a fried potato among the calamari. Meals were worse. The flouder francaise was served drenched in a watery sauce with way too much garlic. After picking off 16 slices I ate a few bites and quit. The fish was totally soaked and soggy. Told the server and he shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Bread and butter came to the table as we were about to leave. Sadly this restaurant can't survive with this quality food being served.