“Accommodating Chef”

Price range: US$26 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Frisky Oyster offers imaginative cuisine in a sophisticated, metropolitan atmosphere craved by locals and visitors for years. Our menu changes daily to showcase the most exceptional, local ingredients. The local and international wine list is personally selected to compliment the current menu. Starting at 5pm, we offer dinner in our stylish dining room or at the buzzing bar. DJ Frisky turns up the beat as the energy level rises after 9pm.
New York
“Accommodating Chef”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Dined here last night and I was blown away by how friendly and accommodating the chef was. I have several allergies, which the restaurant took very seriously. The waitress actually wrote my allergies on the paper menu and the chef then put ✅ and ❎ onto the dishes that were safe and unsafe and what ingredients he could leave out if I chose particular dishes. He then came out to speak to me directly to discuss options. I was thrilled that I was able to eat the table bread, a true rarity with my allergies. I had a delicious salad and an outstanding chicks dish with a green and fingerling potatoes. I am not a huge foodie and rarely ever get vey excited about food, but I could not stop talking about how delicious everything was. So much so, we tried to go back for lunch today, but they are only open for dinner.

In addition, when I made the reservation, I requested a nice table for our anniversary and LO and behold, they actually listened unlinke many many restaurants I frequent. They gave us a perfect caddy corner booth for two. Super romantic.

Beautiful atmosphere. Delicious food. Adorable town. Friendly and wondeful chef, great drink menu, perfect wines on tap and on menu. What more could you ask for?

Can't wait to visit again for another delicious meal.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, little expensive”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Made reservations well in advance due to my father's 80th birthday. It was on a Monday, where some restaurants were not even open. It started out pretty empty, but was full by the time we left. Alcoholic drinks were delicious, and wine selections bountiful. Menu was a little different from their website menu, so was a little disappointed when they said they didn't have enough Ceasar salad for two people, since it wasn't on the menu?!? I let my daughter have it, since she is gluten free and is a very picky eater as well. They had plenty of gluten free selections. I chose mozzarella and tomatoes to start with, which included green tomatoes, which surprised me, but they were delicious! I chose the bbq beef short ribs which was excellent. No matter what everyone ordered, they enjoyed it. We were so full by the time dessert came, we only ordered my father the crème brulee, which he said was the most delicious one he ever had. The only issue with this place was the time it took to receive our food. It was a long wait, but worth it. Unfortunately we missed the band that was playing outside, but the food was wonderful and the service great besides the wait.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Wow!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Was recommended to me by my Family who are out east often... and it did NOT disappoint! I eat out at top restaurants in NYC for business and pleasure, and I would put this place up there with any of them. Sat at the bar as we did not have a reservation (a must it seems), but they serve the full menu and the bartenders were excellent at service.
Service was great. The food was top of the line (best braised short-ribs I have ever had). My GF was equally pleased with her meal and the drinks were also fantastic. This place is a MUST if visiting the North Fork on Long Island.

PS - meal was not expensive at all too.

1 Thank bimmerny
New York City, New York
“Oysters and Truffle Fries”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stopped into the Frisky Oyster with my wife last week for a quick bite. We only had oysters, salad, fries, and cocktails. But we loved everything. I look forward to going back!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Juice12
“Cocktails to die for, backed up by super food.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Different cocktails from the norm, I tasted 3 of them and they were all equally fabulous.
As far as the food was concerned, I was worried when I looked at the menu as there were no veggie options, however the waiting staff assured me that any of the entrees could be adapted. I put them to the test and they passed with flying colours!

1 Thank VeggiePodiatrist