Sound View Greenport
Cliffside Resort Condominiums(Greenport)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$189
Hotels.com
Harborfront Inn at Greenport(Greenport)(Great Value!)
US$367
Priceline
The Blue Inn At North Fork(East Marion)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$200
Travelocity
Shelter Island House(Shelter Island)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$190
The Pridwin Hotel(Shelter Island)
US$195
Heron Suites(Southold)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroad noisepiano barnorth forkbeautiful viewair conditionerprivate decklounge chairscontinental breakfastget awaylong islandbagelsorient pointcan't wait to go backshelter islandshelveskitchenettesummer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The Soundview staff was very polite, and accommodating......Katie was very helpful and sweet. We stayed in room 49 a 2 1/2 room suite. The hotel definately needs to be updated but was extremely clean, actually spotless. These suites had a small kitchenette with very old appliances, wouldn't use them to cook but having a small fridge was nice. The best part of the stay and room was the private deck that leads right onto the beach!!!!!!!!! It had 2 lounge chairs and a table and 4 chairs. It was very spacious and private and this is where we spent most of our time while at the room. The room also has a living room area. The cons were 2 twin size beds that were hard as rocks, back in the day you could play quarters on them if you wanted to. None of us had any cell service which is not the hotel's fault. The sleeping area is at the front of the room, and the rooms are set back not far from the main road, Rt. 48. This was a problem because you can hear all the traffic passing as if it was driving through your room. So getting a good sleep is a bit hard to do. The restaurant was good. I would come back due to the staff and the private deck right on the water. Rates are high, but it is the summer and every hotel has inflated prices. The town of Greenport is close, Cindy's cab was great, prompt and very professional. Close to the vineyards.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My dad and I have been staying at the SoundView Inn for over 15 years. Recent upgrades to the rooms are even more comfortable than before. Clean rooms, courteous service, and all the rooms overlook Long Island Sound.

The SoundView Inn also has great food at their restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Lots of reviews... but I can tell you as a very well versed traveller... this place was great. Not a five (5) star resort, but definetly clean, comfortable and great location. Easy access from main road, back door of room opens to beach and a hop, skip and jump from NYC. Paradise only 2 hours away.

Highly recommend this place and can't wait to go back,
TT

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Worst and dirties place ever on earth. When my wife and I arrived to this motel - they like to call themselves an inn- the place was dirty and not ready; we were there only for one night and decided to stay regardless of the situation. The manager, Ellen, who abruptly raises her voice “ordering” you around, thinking that even guests work for her, claimed that, all of the sudden, her maids had found a hole in one of the room’s walls, after we had already checked-out. Probably the timing that we chose -being during their last off-season weekend- and clearly she wasn’t doing well in terms of occupancy, we only saw a few other rooms occupied, she decided to charge us $75 dollars for her lack of management and her staff’s lack of professionalism, since both, her maid and her, were well aware that we left the room in good conditions; they might’ve need to make-up an excuse to charge us for something we didn’t do. Don’t ever stay, not because of what I just described, simply because it is too expensive for the quality of rooms and the type of service that they offer. For $300 dollars, we just booked, 4 night at a nice hotel in London…not a cheap, dirty motel in L.I.

Room Tip: Cheap motel trying to be up-class
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank nada49923
svisvr, Manager at Sound View Greenport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2011

We allowed this couple to check in earlier than the 3pm check-in as a courtesy to them since the room was ready. The room had been cleaned by our staff, which as usual had gone over all aspects of the room upon cleaning it. The same staff members who had previously cleaned the room before their arrival entered the room after their departure. They immediately saw a fist size hole in the wall next to the thermostat which is routinely checked after each departure to make sure all heat or air conditioning is turned off. The additional charge was to cover the cost we incurred in repairing the hole. I, Ellen, had never actually spoken to this gentleman until Tuesday May 31, 2011, the day he joined TripAdvisor and posted his review. This was not the last off season weekend and we did have 75% occupancy that day in spite of the bad weather forecast, so we would have no reason to pad his bill. I am very sorry he was dissatisfied but during his visit but he never reported any problems with his room. As always, we ask our guests how they enjoyed their stay upon check out and again we were not informed of any issues that would have caused dissatisfaction during his stay, I am confused with his complaints. We tell every customer at check in if there are any problems with their room please notify us immediately so that we can make sure any problems are corrected.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

Not only would I highly recommend this Inn, but I plan on visiting often. The Inn itself is located right on the beach overlooking the beautiful Sound with magnificent sunsets and sunrises. It's within ideal reach to the main part of the quaint town of Greenport. It's also on the most pristine part of the North fork region of Long Island, with vineyards, farms, parks, beaches and marinas nearby. The room we stayed in is superb with a huge bedroom (two large Queen size beds), private full bath and separate living room area with a huge terrace overlooking the Sound. The conditions of the room and the Inn are CLEAN, straight forward no frills, nicely appointed rooms, with a relaxing and serene vibe and surroundings. The staff is attentive, and wonderful owners as well. Towards the end of my trip and my wonderful stay at the Inn, I was hit with kidney stones! The owners allowed me to stay as long as I needed and catered to my medical needs including runs to the pharmacy, food and they adjusted the hours to room cleaning so as to work with my situation at hand. All things not necessary for them to do, but they went above and beyond what is expected and required and have made it into a compassionate and comfortable stay. This compassion shows in the manner they run their business and their Inn. Just real good people who run a real good Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple