Unfortunately, class doesn't transfer down by generation. This "motel" is managed by the family of the original owner who is a complete gentleman. However, that cannot be said about his family. They are arrogant, condescending and act as if they are doing everyone a favor when asked for the simplest requests. I think they have an unrealistic idea of what they truly own. The rooms are rundown, musty and mildew smelling, the road noise is unbearable, the beds are broken down, the rugs are filthy and the pool is surrounded by broken glass panels. The beach front is beautiful but the entire upper level of the motel is off limits to children. The lobby office is the most modernized room in the facility. Basically, this motel is a glorified short stay on the water. Complain and you'll get dirty looks for your entire stay from the manager daughter and some fat guy wearing an NYPD baseball hat. The only reason this place survives is because supply doesn't meet demand in Greenport and you don't have many options. They will let you know that at the office as soon as you have a problem by telling you to "go some place else if you don't like it." You're better off sleeping in a tent at the state park across the street. The bugs are friendlier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than 100 miles from New York City on the North Fork of Long Island, this idyllic property evokes the timeless spirit of a classic seaside resort. Its Norman Rockwell charm will conjure memories of blissful childhood summers in the sun, while its recently renovated spaces offer the comforts of modern life. Our guest rooms and suites offer the intimacy of a seafront cottage, with all the perks of a full-service hotel and every room opens directly onto a waterfront deck, with access to our private beach. The property is a short bike ride or drive from a variety of authentic North Fork experiences, including the village shops of historic Greenport, several award-winning vineyards, local farms offering freshly picked delights, and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sound View Greenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sound View Hotel Greenport
- Sound View Greenport NY - Long Island