If your looking for the 4 Seasons, this isn't the property for you. If your looking for peace and tranquility this IS the place for you. It is close to the farms, the charming towns and you can literally throw a stone in the Long Island Sound from your deck. Like to fish? This is your place to go! I found everyone at the front desk - EXTREMELY helpful and knowledgeable despite what other reviews have said. I have been coming to this property since 1980 so I have alot of memories here. That has to say something. They offer a free breakfast in the morning which I did not have but saw other guests walking back after their morning bite.
The cons for me is the colony of spiders that trickle down from the wood above at night..I am not a bug person AT ALL and very much afraid so I was constantly looking up. This kind of freaked me out. Again, you are on the water, anything is possible. I was surprised to not see any bugs inside until the last night. This big black thing that could of been a cockroach, i don't know, ran out from under bed and when we tried to kill it, it was jumping at us. Yeah that was fun. If you can get through the spiders out on deck, and the occasional bug inside and the outdated property - Then you will love this place. This is a place to make memories... I posted a few pics as well.. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than 100 miles from New York City on the North Fork of Long Island, this idyllic property evokes the timeless spirit of a classic seaside resort. Its Norman Rockwell charm will conjure memories of blissful childhood summers in the sun, while its recently renovated spaces offer the comforts of modern life. Our guest rooms and suites offer the intimacy of a seafront cottage, with all the perks of a full-service hotel and every room opens directly onto a waterfront deck, with access to our private beach. The property is a short bike ride or drive from a variety of authentic North Fork experiences, including the village shops of historic Greenport, several award-winning vineyards, local farms offering freshly picked delights, and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sound View Greenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sound View Hotel Greenport
- Sound View Greenport NY - Long Island