Another quick weekend get away to enjoy the east end wineries and scenery. This place is located right on the sound. We took the bigger room with floor to ceiling windows looking out at the water. It was beautiful! The room was clean and very large. It had a walk in closet and a large living room area. Fully equipped with stove, sink and fridge as well as dishes and utensils. They were only missing the microwave but it really didn't effect us at all. They also serve a small continental breakfast with coffee (very good), small cakes and pastries, cereal and mini bagels. Perfect for us as we are not big breakfast eaters to begin with.
There is a restaurant attached to the hotel. We had a light dinner there the first night. I have read many mixed reviews on the restaurant, but I was pleasantly surprised with the food. Every thing we ate was delicious. We arrived about 45 minutes before closing and never felt rushed to get out. They also had a decent sized bar area with a piano player. I guess since it was so late and off season, there weren't many people there - but we found it enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than 100 miles from New York City on the North Fork of Long Island, this idyllic property evokes the timeless spirit of a classic seaside resort. Its Norman Rockwell charm will conjure memories of blissful childhood summers in the sun, while its recently renovated spaces offer the comforts of modern life. Our guest rooms and suites offer the intimacy of a seafront cottage, with all the perks of a full-service hotel and every room opens directly onto a waterfront deck, with access to our private beach. The property is a short bike ride or drive from a variety of authentic North Fork experiences, including the village shops of historic Greenport, several award-winning vineyards, local farms offering freshly picked delights, and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sound View Greenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sound View Hotel Greenport
- Sound View Greenport NY - Long Island