While I stayed at The Soundview a few years ago, I also visit that area all the time. I some ways the location is good, but as a previous poster said the rooms do have an old ambience to them, actually a musty odor. Not always a bad thing if you don't mind. With a small child there isn't anything to do except play on the beach which by the way is beautiful. A restaurant is on site but expensive. The nearest area restaurants are about two miles away, and worth it. To go down to the beach, you leave your room out the back door and then go down a flight of wooden steps to a small but pretty beach. It does extend a bit down the shore, and is beautiful to wake up to a rising sun. It is also located along a very busy highway so watch your children. Office personel were nice but didn't offer any helpful info.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than 100 miles from New York City on the North Fork of Long Island, this idyllic property evokes the timeless spirit of a classic seaside resort. Its Norman Rockwell charm will conjure memories of blissful childhood summers in the sun, while its recently renovated spaces offer the comforts of modern life. Our guest rooms and suites offer the intimacy of a seafront cottage, with all the perks of a full-service hotel and every room opens directly onto a waterfront deck, with access to our private beach. The property is a short bike ride or drive from a variety of authentic North Fork experiences, including the village shops of historic Greenport, several award-winning vineyards, local farms offering freshly picked delights, and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sound View Greenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sound View Hotel Greenport
- Sound View Greenport NY - Long Island