“Great Staff”

Sound View Greenport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 16 January 2006

I have been a patron for a couple of years now, and every time I go there (which is quite frequent) the staff is always quite friendly, vibrant, and personable. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. I have found the food to be great and the service exeptional.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 September 2005

Huge lesson on internet shopping!!

This "was" a romantic get-away. Never been to Greenport, but heard about the great beaches. The hotel website showed this beautiful hotel, with a private deck, and a beach, and views of the water...small price too (I think around $120 on a Saturday) w/o multiple night commitment...so we felt "lucky" and grab it.

I felt like we were at The Bates Motel. :( It was so out-dated entirely, the beds were so small, and the rooms were all pannelling. The bathroom had metal fixtures, and even kitchen tile patching holes!! The deck we sharred (wasn't private) but it was fine...and the beach, oh I learned now to ask, but it wasn't sand but was all rocks!!! No surf, just still water too.

We left the next day and "found" Montauk which I would more than highly recommend over and over again. The ride it self cross island was totally perfect!! We had the best time. And if you want a great beach, Montauk will not disappoint you at all!! :)

• Stayed July 2004
11 Thank WharfRatCT
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 May 2005

While I stayed at The Soundview a few years ago, I also visit that area all the time. I some ways the location is good, but as a previous poster said the rooms do have an old ambience to them, actually a musty odor. Not always a bad thing if you don't mind. With a small child there isn't anything to do except play on the beach which by the way is beautiful. A restaurant is on site but expensive. The nearest area restaurants are about two miles away, and worth it. To go down to the beach, you leave your room out the back door and then go down a flight of wooden steps to a small but pretty beach. It does extend a bit down the shore, and is beautiful to wake up to a rising sun. It is also located along a very busy highway so watch your children. Office personel were nice but didn't offer any helpful info.

• Stayed May 2003
4 Thank nancycR2383IO
Reviewed 27 October 2004

I am in agreement with most all of your reviewers (except those who have run into rude help), but can honestly say that for the money, Sound View is the best deal on the North Fork. The rooms may be in need of a makeover, but it's a beach motel.....not the Ritz. While a makeover would be nice, it wouldn't keep us from going back. We have been staying at Sound View for the past 5 years both summer (week) and fall (weekend) and always look forward to going back again. The family (sisters) who are usually at the front desk have always been very pleasant and the housekeeping staff pleasant as well. Perhaps your reviewers just got them on bad days.

Reviewed 2 September 2004

I love the sound view i am going to stay there tommorrow for like 5 days and i cant wait im just waiting for it! I went there when i was 7 it is wonderful, my favorite part is the beach, the pool is great, and sound view is only about 20 minutes away from splish splash where i am going to go to while my mom relaxes :) , the resturant is wonderful, when i was 7 me and my mom sat right on the beach and watched the sunset together, I will never forget that, I love it and always will no matter how many stupid rude comments i hear
THE GREENPORT SOUND VIEW IS GREAT GO THERE !

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 19 August 2004

For the second year in a row, we spent nearly two weeks at the Sound View Inn this summer and loved it. It is very kid-friendly, clean and the staff is great. The beach was right outside our room and we had friends with kids who all joined us on our deck for meals. We played tennis (only complaint--only two of the four courts had nets), went swimming in the LI sound, fishing and rock collecting. The beaches are pebbly (as most North Fork beaches are), but beautiful. Lots of good skipping rocks and incredible sunsets. We can't wait to go back there next summer!

Reviewed 18 July 2004

We just returned from our stay at the Soundview. Last year I posted my first review and I have to say that things have improved since last year. The rooms now have hair dryers in the bathrooms, an iron and ironing board and a clock radio/ alarm clock.
The situation with the sheets that some people have stated has been resolved. I have been going every year with the kids and have never experienced having a room with no toilet seat. That's unheard of.
The room staff as always did a great job every day cleaning and putting out clean towels. It actually amazes me how fast they get it done. The pool as always is a pleasure as is the fishing on the beach.
My kids and I always get disappointed when it's time to leave and we look forward to our visit next year. We'll definately be back, as usual!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
#2 of 3 in Southold
Shelter Island House
Shelter Island House
#1 of 5 in Shelter Island

Been to Sound View Greenport? Share your experiences!