“Another Great Time at Sunny Hill”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Bethpage, NY
“Another Great Time at Sunny Hill”
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We have been going to Sunny Hill for some 15 years with a group of friends who had been vacationg there when they were young with their parents. The Nicholsen's make you feel like your part of their family -their extended family. The service and friendliness of the staff are the best. Our family missed just one year as it could not be helped............and we returned this year for the ever popular "Spring Steak Roast Weekend". Our children are in their late teens and truly look forward to going to Sunny Hill, I expect that we will continue going to Sunny Hill for years to come with our family and our friends - who I am so grateful invited us to join them and their crew some 15 years ago.
Truly a great place for people of all ages. Try it you'll like it!!!

La Rose Family
Long Island, NY

• Liked — The overall atmosphere of the resort and the courtesy of the Nicholsens's
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Over 30 years has past since my family has been to Sunny Hill. This year we went back with a new generation of grandchildren. Your day starts out with an 8am breakfast which is excellent and then it's off to the races. There are so many different things to do, you don't know where to start first swimming, fishing, boating, paddle boats, tennis, basketball etc. They even have their own golf course! Lunch and dinners are great they take your order and the side dishes are served family style. If you have little ones, they will love the splashpad a fenced in area of different sprinklers to get themselves wet and they have a baby pool with a slide for them too. Grownups can use the big pool that also has a slide. There is plenty for the teens to do also. In the evening after dinner at around 7pm the Fun Rides start -different cars,trucks,trains that take you for a ride all over the grounds. Everone loves them! If you look close you may see the wild deer watching you! There is entertainment of one kind or another every night that goes on. Live bands for dancing or listening, games of chance like bingo,horse racing and monty carlo. EVERYTHING at Sunny Hill is kid friendly even the goings on at night! If your a singer they have karaoka partys too. If you feel like a tour,everyday they have someplace to go Cooperstown, Howe Caverns etc. What's important to us is that at Sunnhill the rooms, dinning hall,snack bars poolarea and grounds are kept VERY clean! If your a jetsetter looking for the most in up to date, don't come here BUT if you have a family and have kids that like to play and you like to see the beautiful pine trees and mountains, like good food, I think you should at least try Sunny Hill once. Look at us after 30 years away we went back and loved every minute! Believe or not they have people going there 30 years straight! Give it a try you won't go wrong!!! 5*****'s for Sunny Hill from Joe & Angela G. South Hempstead Long Island N.Y.

• Liked — cleanliness, friendly, good food
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank smokeyjoe1
New City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Our extended family had been going for years but we resisted thinking it would be too "hoaky". Thank goodness we tried it once and 12 years and 3 kids later, we've never had anything less than a great week. It shows us that you can have a family owned, caring business that is also taken care of in a professional manner. We really love everything there. We say, once we get there, we can forget the rest of the world exists and only live in Sunny Hill time. We are so sad when the week is over but we immediately start looking forward to next year. (We travel 2 hours to get there)

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank 3inmycab
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 22 March 2008

My family has been going here forever. When I was little it was the spot for the whole family to get together. As we got older, we stopped going because everyone was busy with college and starting out on our own. About 5 years ago we took a golfers weekend, which led us back to the most wonderful family place ever! We go every year for a week. We enjoy watching our kids join in the fun! So much to do, so much to see, so many WONDERFUL people! It is my happy place...there is nothing at all like it and I look foward to many more years and I hope to one day watch my grandchildren enjoy it as well! You got to try it!

• Liked — Amazing staff, wonderful people, great family/friend get-away, quiet, FUN!
  • Disliked — Nothing...it is wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Boston
Reviewed 12 March 2008

My extended family has been coming here since my dad was a little kid, and he is now 70 years old. I have been coming here all my life, and I'm 41. The family who run the place, the Nicholsons, are a very tight-knit family, have been running the place forever, have known my father and my grandparents all that time, and always give us a warm welcome back. We are all like family. At the same time, we are pleased with the updates they have made to the place -- the new playgrounds, new water feature, new rides. Don't come for the luxury -- that's not their strength. The rooms are comfortable and clean but not lavish, the food is homestyle and fresh but not fancy nor gourmet. Come for the many fun activities, the spectacular views of the Catskill Mountains, the fresh air, and the family-friendly atmosphere.

• Liked — Family-friendly atmosphere and activities
  • Disliked — Rooms are fine but not spectacular
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
long island
Reviewed 15 February 2008

Evey year since i was little, i've gotten butterflies in my stomach when I am in the car after 2 hours with my family coming from long island and i spot the "welcome to sunny hill" sign. I have been going to sunny hill with my family for about 14 years. I love everything about it. Everyone there is like a big family. Every view is beautiful, the property is very well kept, the employees are very generous, the entertainment is endless (there is never a dull moment), it's the perfect place to go on vacation to relax, and spend time with your family and sunny hill friends. The resort is surrounded by the beautiul golf course. Armea Hall always has something happening in it, especially at night when everyone comes together. The owners; Gary, Wayne, and Gail get to know each of their guests as the week rolls by. There is something to do for everyone at sunny hill. My dad loves to play golf with his friends, and sometimes his daughters, everyday. Although there is other things he can do, he loves golfing at sunny hill so much, he goes all the time. My mom likes to go walking with her friends in the morning, do yoga, hang by the pool, do wine tasting on the lawn with my dad, take a cooking class, and get her massage. My little sister loves going to sunny hill daycamp from 9-12 on the weekdays with her little friends while we're there, playing on the playground, and doing activities at the rec hall. My older sister and I like to go fishing, row/paddle around the lake with our friends, golf, play some sports, go horseback riding at k&k, and explore everything on the premisis. When my grandparents used to come with us they enjoyed sitting on the viking lawn with their friends listening to live music, lawn bowling, shuffle board, pool aerobics, and taking the excursions to different places with us like cooperstown, howe caverns, birkshire outlets, and church. Although my family might be doing all different things, we always manage to spend time with each other each day. Everyone at Sunny hill usually spends the evenings together on the rides, then armea hall for entertainment. Some of the activities at armea hall during the day consist of Jewelery Shows, Ceramic painting, Little Girls Tea Party, and crafts. In the evening everyone is at armea hall playing bingo, montycarlo, talentshow, kareoke, and more! At night most teens go to the lake for parties with a DJ, and sometomes kareoke. After a long day we all go back to out rooms to catch some z's for the next day. I think the worst part of sunny hill is on Saturday. Saturday is the day you leave sunny hill to go home. You leave with so many memories and new experiences. I found some of my greatest friends at the hill. We keep in touch all year round. Sunny Hill is what i look foward to the most every year; i start my countdown the day we leave and finish when i am in the car heading to sunny hill. Sunny Hill is the perfect vacation. A few days ago my dad asked us if we wanted to go to Sunny Hill this year or take a cruise to the carribean. Without hesitating we said "we will not miss sunny hill"! Sunny hill is the place i want to be on vacation. There is nothing more i can ask for!

• Liked — Sunny Hill has everything to offer and it's worth every dollar!
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2007

My family has been going to sunny hill for almost 50 years, this being my 14th. I love the hospitality and the people there and i am so excited every year to go. This place tops off my summer and i love being with my family and participating in all of the activities. This is a very family friendly place with rides and activities that will please everyone in your family. I would most definitely reccommend this place to everyone reading this review.

• Liked — The people and the hospitality and the setting
  • Disliked — nothing is terrible. the food could be better but its very homestyle.
  • Stayed September 2006
1 Thank atraveler14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Hotel Vienna
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort

Been to Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course? Share your experiences!