“Great Family Place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I went to Sunny hill in May 2014 as part of their Viking Obstacle Race. I decided to stay the weekend with my wife and 3 kids. The place is great for my young girls, 10 and under. There are several playgrounds and indoor activities. Unfortunately it was not the regular season yet, so the pools weren't open. The staff was great. I loved the 3 meals a day included. I'll be going back this fall!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew P

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great place to return to year after year. The kids have a blast and the parents have a bigger blast! Great home cooking, the staff is great and go out of their way to personally get to know all of their guests; just a nice lazy week with lots of partying!.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TeriV18
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Back from another great trip on the 'Hill. Our 12th Columbus Day weekend to be exact!!! A fabulous resort, updated rooms, delicious meals and great nighttime entertainment. Sunny Hill has it ALL!!! With absolutely gorgeous weather all weekend, apple picking and pumpkin picking nearby via the Sunny Hill shuttle bus was a blast!!! Shuttle bus to Hunter Mountain for the Oktoberfest always a hit too!!! And the new Viking Obstacle Course???? Well...what can I say, it must be seen to be believed!! Spent two exhausting afternoons....WATCHING everyone else do it!!! LOL The only drawback....that we have to wait so long to return!!!!

Room Tip: Room accomodations for all sizes of families!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SunnyhillerJeannieC
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I can't say enough good things about my race experience last weekend at the Viking Race, but I'm going to try. After every sporting event you share your experience, excitement and stories about the race with your fellow competitors. In obstacle racing, it is usually about near falls, mud and cold pits and accomplishments of conquering a hard obstacle. After we all did that during dinner at Sunny Hill, we couldn't stop talking about what a perfect venue this was to have an event. Whatever the reasons you might have to not attend an obstacle race, we think Sunny Hill has a good solution. "OCRing is to expensive." Sunny Hill's race was $50 with no parking fee nor spectator fee. "Don't like finding a hotel and driving back and forth." Sunny Hill is a great resort with plenty of clean, quality rooms. "It's always hard and a pain driving around to restaurants.". Again, Sunny Hill has quality meals right on site. "Always have trouble finding a baby sitter". Sunny Hill has day care for little ones and plenty of activities for older kids (putt-putt, pool tables, swimming pool, monster truck rides, shuffle board, etc). "I'm afraid it will just be a mud run with silly obstacles". Check my pictures or theirs, www.sunnyhill.com, you won't be disappointed and they are building more. The biggest point is that everything is on site. No more hosing off with cold water from a garden hose, go back to your room and take a warm shower. No more chowing a power bar after the race, just walk over to lunch. We think this is the future (fixed obstacle course at a resort) of obstacle course racing and Sunny Hill has started it out on the right foot by setting the bar pretty high! The staff was very friendly and responsive to our needs. Thanks again to Sunny Hill, I’ll be back as many times as possible! www.sunnyhill.com

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Completed our second annual visit with a group of friends last month, and I am pleased to say that this place is wonderful: it's clean, activities are fun and plentiful, the staff are really friendly, and, best of all, you get a sense that you are a valued part of the Sunny Hill extended family. When we go, it feels like we are back in a simpler time. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rafterpd
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stopped at Sunny Hill Golf Course to squeeze in a round on my way back to Long Island from Albany on business. The staff was great--especially Deana, who was so friendly and hospitable, and had some good laughs with the course ranger Scotty. The course is fun with some simply stunning views--see my photo from the 12th green! Will definitely recommend to friends and try to get back with my family for a resort stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JRgolfer702
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Visited overnight with 9yo daughter. Views of mountains are very beautiful. Housing is a group of motel units which are definitely dated and small, but truly spotlessly maintained, inside and out. Family style meals were served in the dining hall on a strict schedule that we couldn't take advantage of due to late arrival. However Friday evening party at the small lake on the property featured hot dogs and ice cream so we did not go hungry. Band played very gentle 50s music appropriate for the older folks. Little kids were well entertained by four caged goats, ok but not amazing pool, play area with swings, paddle boats and funny car rides around the property. My 9yo was less than impressed. Fireworks display at end of the evening was nice. Morning breakfast options were kind of limited - main meal was pancakes with sausage, or boiled eggs or cereal, rather similar to continental breakfast at chain hotels. We were charged over 300 dollars for our overnight stay, which was not a good value for us. But for families staying multiple days with grandparents and small children, I'd say this place is a total winner.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank bluesnail1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
#2 of 3 in Greenville
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville

Been to Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course? Share your experiences!