“Golf Get Away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Hartford, Connecticut
“Golf Get Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I won a "Stay and Play" package to Sunny Hill and quite honestly I did not have great expectations. What a delight it turned out to be! The facility was immaculate and there is no end to the amount of activities for a family to take part in. For my wife and I, it was a golf get-away; next year I plan to treat my kids and my grandkids to a vacation at Sunny Hill. The kids will have a blast and I will enjoy seeing them having so much fun. The owners and the staff are so friendly -- there is nothing that they won't do to make your stay a memorable one. Thunderhart Golf Course is a delight to play on. I am already looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TCE53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Garden City, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our family vacation at Sunny Hill in August was our 11th visit. Sunny Hill is a treasure for parents of children of all ages. They facilities date back to a time when kids rode their bikes and played street ball all day. You will love the family style eating arrangements that bring new and old friends together on each visit. The new Viking Obstacle course is a fantastic addition to challenge the older teens and their parents as well who will enjoy the adventure as a family. We will be back, many times, as the kids, now 14 and 18, have never once asked to go to Disney instead! Nightly activities include bingo while sipping homemade root beer floats; fireworks at the lake with a beer garden theme; military nite is so much fun for kids and parents alike. You will never regret going to Sunny Hill.

Room Tip: Don't you dare book the Parkchester in August-its MINE!! Seriously, our favorite rooms. Up high...
1 Thank Patricia N
Coram, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Six-teen years later it got better. When someone knows your name and the names of all your family,thats special. When they know who, is on the phone and what room you stay in that is a caring group of friends. The chamber maid knows you, the chef does as well. This was my week at "da-hill". This will not be the last!!!!! Phil K.

Room Tip: Call Gail. She will help you according to family size. This is a very kid, based resort.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Philip K
Massapequa Park, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We just returned from our family vacation at Sunny Hill. This was my first time back in 25 years and It was even better than I remember as a kid! There are tons of activities for kids & adults and food and service were great. Fun themed nights with rides for the kids. Even indoor game rooms. There is always something fun to do.Golf courses were fun and again great for kids. It's no surprise that Sunny Hill is in its 90th year. This is a truly special place and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We like the Parkchester, which Is at the top of a hill. It requires a little more walking - but you...
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank John M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We just returned home from another fantastic week at the Hill. The family who runs this resort has become a part of our family in the past 10 years. There is so many activities, trips, things to keep everyone in your family of all ages busy. By the end of a week you feel like you have run a marathon. We will keep going back even when our kids don't want to.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Jkade
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I just finished another week up at Sunny Hill with my family, and friends who have become family over the years. My family has been guests of Sunny Hill for over 35 years and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon. As a 29 year old, it is rare to be excited to vacation with your family, but Sunny Hill is an expectation. It has something for everyone. The guests my week look forward to getting up there all year long. I have made life long friends, whose weddings I have even attended, and I have Sunny Hill to thank for that. It is my happy place and will always hold a special place in my heart. The owners - Gail, Gary, and Wayne could not be more accommodating . I can't wait to continue our family tradition up on the hill, year after year, and generation after generation. Thank you Sunny Hill for creating so many unforgettable memories for me.

2 Thank Jacqueline M
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a wonderful family resort. We've been going there for 40 years and each year new memories are made. There is always something new at the resort and the Nicolsen family always makes sure that your vacation is a delightful one. Each year, all my children and now grand children, can hardly wait to go! It is the one place that kids of all ages love to go to. . .even with their parents!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pam C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Hotel Vienna
Blackhead Mountain Lodge and Country Club
Winter Clove Inn
Winter Clove Inn
#2 of 4 in Round Top

Been to Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course? Share your experiences!