“My favorite vacation spot in the world”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I just came back from my annual mecca to the Catskills and wanted to write this review as my way of saying thank you to Sunny Hill's owners and staff for a great time as always.

I have been going up to Sunny Hill since I was 10 years old (33 straight years). The most magical part of this vacation is that each year I am able to renew the friendships I have made over the years, since many families book their trips for the same week year after year. In fact my kids now can't wait to see their friends (they actually count the calendar days until Sunny Hill as my brothers and I used to do), who happen to be the children of my childhood Sunny Hill friends.

Aside from renewing lifelong friendships what makes the place truly special is their focus on the kids. There are numerous activities for kids of all ages (they have recently focused on teen activities which sometimes gets lost at other places). The nightly Just for Fun Rides- restored fire engines, army and monster trucks- is the daily highlight for my kids along with weekly activities like the rock climbing wall, the splash pad waterpark and the fishing contests.

I guess what makes me truly appreciate Sunny Hill (and what has spurred me to post my first vacation review ever) is that as life gets a little more complicated as each year advances it is nice to reconnect with a simpler time. Sunny Hill represents that simpler time (with all the amenities), with the focus on family and friends at the center of the experience.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

The best family vacation! I've been going for ten years now every summer!

Reviewed 24 August 2009

This is by far the best vacation! The kids, young and older, enjoy freedom to roam the Sunny Hill grounds and take part in so many varying activities for each age range. The adults get to enjoy allowing their children the freedom of the setting and the comraderie they enjoy with the other vacationing families. The Nicholsen family makes guests feel like family and like Sunny Hill is a "home away from home" (without the cooking, cleaning, and work!) There's so much to do, yet you don't have to do anything! From the wonderful meals, to the fun nightly activities... it's all wonderfully inclusive and relaxing!!

Reviewed 24 August 2009

My family has been going to Sunny Hill for Generations. The family atmosphere, the wonderful service, the activities for the kids (rides, rock-climbing wall, pool, fishing, golfing) and the value you receive are exceptional. We stay for a week and sometimes we will even add a few days for a second trip because the kids love it. Sunny Hill is a place our kids count the days before they arrive - Friday night fireworks caps off a memorable week. We greatly appreciate all of the effort Gary, Wayne, Eric and the entire Nicolson Family have provided us - Go to Sunny

Reviewed 22 August 2009

This all inclusive resort is our most treasured time of the year. It is a family centered, warm, wholesome place to vacation. My husband and I have as much fun as the kids do. With activities all day long planned by their staff, day camp for the younger kids, and entertainment for all ages, we enjoy our time away as a family. The staff is incredibly kind and accomodating and the Nicholsons (the owners) make us feel like part of the family. We think about Sunny Hill all year long and miss it when we leave. It is our favorite place on earth.

1  Thank pmfmjm
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Our kids say Sunny Hill is better than Disney World! It's where our memories are made year after year! We have 22 of us coming to join us every summer, and every minute is spent with smiles, love and laughter! The kids love the camp, the guys love the golf, and the ladies love walking, shopping at the jewelry/pocketbook show, and spending time together. From the meals, to the swimming, to the rides at night, and the evenings of dancing with your family and friends, it's all fantastic! This family run resort makes you feel like you are part of their family while you are there! It's our special place!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Hello,I am putting another review on this resort. Plus besides all of the rides and stuff they also have A Scavenger Hunt,BINGO,kickball games,soccer games and much more too. there might not be too much things to do there but you just never get bord of it. I stay there for A week, and we go there for the 4 JULY. Thats it bye!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
#2 of 3 in Greenville
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville

Been to Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course? Share your experiences!