“Fun place to spend quality time with your family”

Ashville Game Farm and Exotic Zoo
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I been here twice with my daughter, and the last time (most recent) took her friends. We had once again a really enjoyable time. The zoo is small but which is nice since you dont feel rushed on skipping through the animal exibits. The other great thing is its very quiet so you can enjoy your time interacting with the animals. I think we spend about 1 1/5 hrs just feeding the deer. I would strongly recommened this zoo to anybody who loves animals and wants to spend qualty time with their familys. Ps make sure you bring some extra $1.00 bills so you can feed the animals.

1  Thank TheAdjuster2

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I liked being up close and personal to the animals. Surprisingly large array of exotic animals.

1  Thank pvderrick
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Don't waste your money it's terribly over priced and you will leave feeling depressed and kinda dirty. The mirada of animals are housed in tiny cages most made of what appears to be regular fencing (including bears and big cats) there are allot of animals just wondering around looking for handouts. We love Zoo's of any size but this place should just be closed down.

7  Thank bnkowalik
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Wish I read this before we went. Owner was arrested-apparently an incident with a lemur and tiger attacking children!!!!!!

Wow! We were very excited to go to the "zoo" since the Bronx is a little too far away fro our 2 and 1 yr old kids. We got there about 10:30 am after driving through all kinds of back roads. When we pulled up there were a bunch of people working on their cars in what I think was the parking lot. There was also a pitbull walking off the leash ans well as some peacocks. I am not even sure if it was open. We saw the animals inside of a ratty old wood fence, but the gate was closed. We made the decision to not go in (whether it was open or not) as soon as we pulled up. Luckily it was a beautiful day and we went apple picking instead right up the road.

4  Thank K J
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We decided to take my 2 yr old to the "zoo" while visiting Lake George. The advertisment in the Lake George Visitor booklet said it was a zoo with exotic animals, something I was sure my son would love. We drove quite a distance from LG, about 40 minutes. I was shocked that our navigation system even picked up these dirt roads that we had to take to get to this so called zoo. Nevertheless, we were able to find after being completely confused as to why this zoo was so deep in the middle of nowhere.
We arrived to what looked like an abandoned shack. I wasnt sure exactly if we had the right place, so I got out of the car and went to the gate that was falling off the hinges and opened it. I immediately saw a rabbit walking around loose, then a few peacocks walked by. There was a little pond with several aligators in there. Then all of a sudden i was covered by bees. I am not exaggerating, there were tons of bees landing on my arms, hair and body. I was terrified. the place looked like a total dump so I can only imagine what the poor animals looked like. I refused to take my son out of the car after the bees, and I could not imagine having to pay $13.50 to get in there, so we turned right around. I go to Cape May NJ zoo all the time and its the cleanest, most beautiful zoo that is FREE. So happy we did waste our money based on prior reviews. Anyone who gave this place a positive review must be related to the owner or has never been to another zoo in their life.

6  Thank lkd703