“what a great place”

Ashville Game Farm and Exotic Zoo
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My daughters and I visit the Ashville Game Farm and Exotic Zoo a couple of times each summer. We love to interact with the monkeys. This is a small zoo, but you can spend the whole day there if you'd like. There is no feeling of being rushed out of there. The staff is very nice and friendly. They will answer and all questions that you have about the animals. This place has always been clean, yes there's birds that roam freely and there are droppings but theyget cleaned, animals are going to smell. I travel about an hour from my home in VT to go over and visit. This is a great little zoo out in the country.

1  Thank Carla L

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I been here twice with my daughter, and the last time (most recent) took her friends. We had once again a really enjoyable time. The zoo is small but which is nice since you dont feel rushed on skipping through the animal exibits. The other great thing is its very quiet so you can enjoy your time interacting with the animals. I think we spend about 1 1/5 hrs just feeding the deer. I would strongly recommened this zoo to anybody who loves animals and wants to spend qualty time with their familys. Ps make sure you bring some extra $1.00 bills so you can feed the animals.

1  Thank TheAdjuster2
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I liked being up close and personal to the animals. Surprisingly large array of exotic animals.

1  Thank pvderrick
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Don't waste your money it's terribly over priced and you will leave feeling depressed and kinda dirty. The mirada of animals are housed in tiny cages most made of what appears to be regular fencing (including bears and big cats) there are allot of animals just wondering around looking for handouts. We love Zoo's of any size but this place should just be closed down.

7  Thank bnkowalik
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Wish I read this before we went. Owner was arrested-apparently an incident with a lemur and tiger attacking children!!!!!!

Wow! We were very excited to go to the "zoo" since the Bronx is a little too far away fro our 2 and 1 yr old kids. We got there about 10:30 am after driving through all kinds of back roads. When we pulled up there were a bunch of people working on their cars in what I think was the parking lot. There was also a pitbull walking off the leash ans well as some peacocks. I am not even sure if it was open. We saw the animals inside of a ratty old wood fence, but the gate was closed. We made the decision to not go in (whether it was open or not) as soon as we pulled up. Luckily it was a beautiful day and we went apple picking instead right up the road.

4  Thank K J