“Beautiful Inn - Gracious Hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Benn Conger Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groton
Benn Conger Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Groton B&B and Inns
Cato, New York, United States
“Beautiful Inn - Gracious Hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife and I live in central New York but wanted to try some of the local B&B's. We found the Benn Conger Inn to be a beautiful old building and very well maintained. Peter and Doug could not be more gracious in tending to our every need. They also made some excellent suggestions for restaurants and attractions in the area. I would highly recommend the Benn Conger Inn. We did not dine in the restaurant, but did enjoy gourmet breakfasts each day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I have visited with Peter and Doug before but returned this past weekend. We mentioned we were celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary and they could not have been more hospitable. Peter and Diego (chef) provided us with a beautiful flower and fruit arrangment with "Congratulations" and "49th' on the fruit and accompanying plate. Everyone of the staff made a point to congratulate us so it was obvious Peter and Doug had made every effort to ensure our time there was very memorable! Dinners were excellent as well. We could not have been more pleased and are contemplating sending our sons there for their anniversaries as well. The surrounding area is very pleasant with numerous falls, hiking areas, Cornell University, Ithaca College, beautiful scenery, etc. A wonderful, relaxing time.

Room Tip: We have spent time in the adjoining home. Rooms were very nice. The rooms in the Conger Inn itself...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Williamsville, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I found this Inn a few years ago while my daughter was attending Ithaca College and absolutely loved it. I have just returned from a girls getaway weekend and found it continues to be one of my favorite escapes. Historic mansion , wonderful food with extremely accommodating hosts. Great place to stay if you are visiting colleges or just want a weekend getaway in the Finger Lakes.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

My girl friends and I just returned from a trip to the Finger Lakes wineries and we used the Benn Conger Inn as our home away from home. We had an excellent experience. The house has retained its historic charm and the rooms were comfortable - the perfect set up for us girls. We could not have had better hosts than Peter and Doug. They prepared scrumptious breakfasts each morning to get us on our way. They recommended wineries and restaurants as well as sights to see along our way. They were spot on with every suggestion. Then at night, they would chill our wine for our late night chats. We LOVED our stay and look forward to a return trip to see the things we couldn't get to. I can't say enough good things about our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the main house were arranged best for our group.
1 Thank Katie E
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Visited the Inn for the first time and was greeted with open arms by both Peter & Doug. Enjoyed their gracious hospitality and received a wealth of info about places to go and things to do nearby! I am looking to plan an event there next year and they gave me contacts that I found to be excellent in every area I needed! Can't wait to return and just relax and enjoy!

Room Tip: Stayed in the peach room in the cottage but was shown several other rooms...ALL were beautiful!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you need a beautiful venue for any event, you have found a treasure here! I needed to plan my daughter's baby shower for over 30 people plus babies. I wanted something local and personal. Well I got this and more. Peter and Doug were very professional yet personable and willing to be creative with the menu. I did not want the same old boring rubber catered food. (I am a bit of a food snob.) My guest were pleasantly surprised by the variety and the consideration for varied dietary needs. The food was absolutely delicious. The mango martinis were to die for! The staff was friendly and took care of everything. We had grandmas, aunts, cousins, friends and several toddlers and babies. They handled all of this hectic chaos in stride with smiles. They were waiting in the wings to fulfill numerous crazy requests. The gorgeous manicured grounds were a perfect place for toddlers to run and stretch their legs.This was my second planned event here. I had my daughters bridal shower here as well. That's why it was a no "brainer" to come back! It is a jewel to be experienced! Eat drink and then stay over in their beautiful rooms. You will leave relaxed and thrilled to be in central NY.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We truly had an awesome experience at the Benn Conger Inn. Our getaway weekend was fantastic! The restaurant was fabulous and our room was wonderful. It was a great "base camp" for our Fingerlakes exploration. We will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: We think all the rooms were very good when we viewed them online, but we had the ground floor in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
BEST WESTERN PLUS Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University

Been to Benn Conger Inn? Share your experiences!