“The Most Beautiful Inn & Gracious Hosts”
Review of Benn Conger Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groton
Benn Conger Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Groton B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“The Most Beautiful Inn & Gracious Hosts”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My family stayed at his charming inn in July on our trip from Pennsylvania to Western New York. The rooms are perfect with beautiful finishing and furniture. Peter & Doug were attentive to our every need. The food was spectacular. A stay at the Benn Conger Inn is a memorable experience!

Room Tip: Peter & Doug will help you to find the perfect room. We chose to stay in the separate building...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bayport, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to choose the Benn Conger Inn after bringing my son up to SUNY Cortland for the start of his fall semester. We decided to treat ourselves to a relaxing couple of days in the finger lakes area. I have traveled and stayed in many lovely inns over the years but Doug and Peter far surpassed any prior inn experiences when it came to hospitality. From the warm welcome to the cleanliness and beauty of the inn as well as the yummy breakfasts, we knew we found a special home away from home.
Doug went out of his way to provide us with excellent dinning suggestions as well as wonderful places to visit and sightsee in this beautiful part of New York.
When it was time to depart, we felt like we were saying goodbye to family. We look forward to returning to this exceptionally warm and welcoming inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in the peach room which had a lovely balcony and view of the grounds.
Cato, New York, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife and I live in central New York but wanted to try some of the local B&B's. We found the Benn Conger Inn to be a beautiful old building and very well maintained. Peter and Doug could not be more gracious in tending to our every need. They also made some excellent suggestions for restaurants and attractions in the area. I would highly recommend the Benn Conger Inn. We did not dine in the restaurant, but did enjoy gourmet breakfasts each day.

Pittsford, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I have visited with Peter and Doug before but returned this past weekend. We mentioned we were celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary and they could not have been more hospitable. Peter and Diego (chef) provided us with a beautiful flower and fruit arrangment with "Congratulations" and "49th' on the fruit and accompanying plate. Everyone of the staff made a point to congratulate us so it was obvious Peter and Doug had made every effort to ensure our time there was very memorable! Dinners were excellent as well. We could not have been more pleased and are contemplating sending our sons there for their anniversaries as well. The surrounding area is very pleasant with numerous falls, hiking areas, Cornell University, Ithaca College, beautiful scenery, etc. A wonderful, relaxing time.

Room Tip: We have spent time in the adjoining home. Rooms were very nice. The rooms in the Conger Inn itself...
Williamsville, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I found this Inn a few years ago while my daughter was attending Ithaca College and absolutely loved it. I have just returned from a girls getaway weekend and found it continues to be one of my favorite escapes. Historic mansion , wonderful food with extremely accommodating hosts. Great place to stay if you are visiting colleges or just want a weekend getaway in the Finger Lakes.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My girl friends and I just returned from a trip to the Finger Lakes wineries and we used the Benn Conger Inn as our home away from home. We had an excellent experience. The house has retained its historic charm and the rooms were comfortable - the perfect set up for us girls. We could not have had better hosts than Peter and Doug. They prepared scrumptious breakfasts each morning to get us on our way. They recommended wineries and restaurants as well as sights to see along our way. They were spot on with every suggestion. Then at night, they would chill our wine for our late night chats. We LOVED our stay and look forward to a return trip to see the things we couldn't get to. I can't say enough good things about our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the main house were arranged best for our group.
1 Thank Katie E
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Visited the Inn for the first time and was greeted with open arms by both Peter & Doug. Enjoyed their gracious hospitality and received a wealth of info about places to go and things to do nearby! I am looking to plan an event there next year and they gave me contacts that I found to be excellent in every area I needed! Can't wait to return and just relax and enjoy!

Room Tip: Stayed in the peach room in the cottage but was shown several other rooms...ALL were beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Skaneateles Suites
Skaneateles Suites
#1 of 7 in Skaneateles
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites

Been to Benn Conger Inn? Share your experiences!