“Loved IT!!”

Sacandaga Outdoor Center
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Hadley
More attraction details
Owner description: For a safe, memorable adventure, Sacandaga Outdoor Center (S.O.C.) is the area’s premiere family destination. From Rafting, Tubing to Kayaking, Canoeing and Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP), there are trips for everyone… from Mild to Wild! Cool off this spring & summer! Paddle the best white water, using the best guides, the best equipment, the best prices, and the best location. Tube with the biggest and best outfitter on the Sacandaga and Hudson Rivers. Bring your whole group and have fun. The S.O.C. staff photographer captures everyone in the middle of the best rapids. Also, take advantage of their Riverside Parking – no post-paddle trek to your car is necessary because our lot is right at the take-out.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Wow !! had a great time the staff was funny and informative. I can't wait to do this again!! Fantastic Job!
The Building needs a little improvement like changing rooms lockers and Bathrooms. Maybe a Hot dog truck.

1  Thank Julie T
"lake george"
in 8 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went to SOC with my family and we had a very nice experience. This is great for beginners or children. The place is gorgeous and the water was warm.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I must admit, I am not the adventurous type but my family talked me into doing this with them and I'm glad they did. My husband reserved over the phone. When we arrived, the guides fitted us for life vests, separated us into groups. We were loaded onto schools buses and taken to the river entrance. Our assigned guide gave clear rules and instructions and all groups boarded the sturdy, self-draining rafts. The rafts hold up to 8-9 plus the guide and all rafts travel down the river in order. The rapids were great fun and not dangerous but you will get wet! We had a water battle with water guns and buckets before gliding into a calm stretch of water where we were given the opportunity to swim the dark waters of the river for about 25 minutes. We climbed back in to finish the trip with stronger class 3 rapids. The SOC had a photographer on the shore taking group pics of each raft in the rapids. Your guide makes sure you are ready for your shots. Just after that, the trip was over and we all jumped out and helped the guide carry the raft up the hill.
THEN, we hiked up a thick-canopied, wooded hill, to the SOC which was our starting point (where the buses picked us up). Bring water shoes, towels and a change of clothes! You can buy or rent water shoes from them if you have none but they will not allow things like flip-flops. There are a couple of dressing rooms in the center.
I couldn't believe I did it! And I enjoyed it!
We all gave it and our wonderful guide SAM the THUMBS-UP!!!!!!!

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Nice guides, beautiful river, but very tame water. They claim it is a class 2/ 3, but it felt more like a class 1/2. It's not very challenging, in fact a bit of a yawner and mostly underwhelming. (Perfect for 5 year olds, though:)