Trout House Village Resort
The Sagamore Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$254
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Contessa Resort(Bolton Landing)
  • Free Internet
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewslake georgefull kitchenping pongfamily vacationliving roommodern appliancesgas stovewood fireplacemurphy bedtrout lakeadirondack chairspaul revereroute northlong weekendfishing dockthe eagle's nestfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We have stayed at the Trout House at least 5 or 6 times to fish in the spring and once to ice fish in the winter. This is one place where the internet pictures don't do it justice! Every cottage we've stayed in (4 different ones) has been immaculate. The woodwork is beautiful, the beds great and the views beautiful. Not to mention great fishing! Very pleasant folks to deal with as well. The kitchens are spacious with plenty of utensils and pots and pans..and I'll say it again...very clean. My friend Mark and I plan on going here every year as long as we are able. It's a great spot!

Room Tip: Many rooms and cottages to choose from depending on the size of your group. All very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed at this resort but one of their four bedroom houses right next to the resort with full access to the beach and resort activities. Amazing view from our back yard of lake George. Beach was perfect with access to kayaks. Boat rental next door which we used for a day. Little far away from the main town of lake George but we knew that. Still able to go to a few towns in between with good restaurants. One great one was alquonquit about 20 minutes south. We drove 45 minutes or so north to the gorge which was a nice day.

Room Tip: We were able to go right before the busy season in June which allowed us to get the four bedroom house pretty cheap. Worth it if you could do it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank michaelwo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My stay at the Eagle's Nest was fantastic. The cabin was so cozy and gorgeous. It had everything we needed for a few days away from the "real world." When we went it was chilly but sunny and the view to the lake was stunning. We went on the little hike and the view there was even nicer. The hike was an easy one and totally worth the few minutes it took to get up there. The staff was nice enough to let us have a late checkout since no one else was coming that day. The cleaning staff was also very professional and made sure the place was in tip top shape and we had all the supplies needed. There was plenty of wood for the fireplace and the grill was very nice. Same thing can be said for the flatscreen TVs, DVD players and all the kitchen appliances. It as nice to have a washer and dryer to clean the smoky smell off our clothes before leaving. Overall, my experience was great and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuC8
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed at the Trout Lake Lodge with 11 other couples for a three day week-end and had a wonderful time. The owners allowed us to cook meals and have full use of the lodge and two cabins. We had a delightful time together for the second time at this location. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Parking was available close to the lodge and cabins. We felt as if we were staying in our own home. We played games, watched movies, and walked to a local country store. Some hiked at Putnam Pond. It was a fabulous way to spend time together with old friends. The owners couldn't have made this easier!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheilal921
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Eagle's Nest:

Used the most- grille, full kitchen, washer & dryer, jacuzzi, many TV's upstairs,  downstairs (connected XBox & accessed own Netflix movies) & in bathroom

Appreciated-
grilling tools, 2 packs of powdered Tide laundry detergent, kayaks, bikes & helmet (bad squeaky brakes though)

Packing list-

The water they fence off for swimming is 4-5 feet. The water level in general was quite low this year. Really enjoyed taking the kayak out when I wanted. There was never a shortage of them. They have so many other boats & play equipments to keep your family entertained. There are many returning guests. Loved our stay!

Farmer's market/ stand not far north from Walmart following 9N. Ask Scott for directions. Buy your basic veggies, including garlic, and a few variety of fruits there.

Excursions-
1. Boat rental at Dockside Landing- across the street, 9N, which connects towns in Lake George. Tubing. 4 day rental was a bit overkill for my 9 & 11 year olds. Two days should have been perfect. Fishing on boat was less than rewarding for us amateurs.

2. Usable Chasm- "Grand Canyon of the East". Beautiful! Don't miss the group raft ride in the Classic Tour.  There was a one hour waiting time when we visited on Sunday. Walking the gorge is well worth an afternoon. Two chasms themselves weren't impressive. Path near the falls was closed. The walks were a bit much for my 11-year-old, but okay for my 9-year-old.

3. Adirondack Extreme Outdoor- FUN! A must do for the whole family. We arrived at 2pm for 2:30 departure (recommended). Easy to find, follow their direction, not GPS. We began by signing up for half adult course, 3 courses & giant zip line. With breaks, we finished at 6pm. We really took our time... Next two levels normally would take another 11/2 hour to finish. My daughter, 9 year old, and I upgraded to the next levels. Paid extra $10 & $3 for gloves for each person. We stopped at quarter point on black level/ level 5 when my daughter ran out of energy. This was a tough course even for a grown-up, I was extremely proud of what she has accomplished. As for me, a forty year old mom & a newbie to zipline. I learned how to handle the equipments with ease after going thru so many courses. The first three was quite easy. I gained momentum, confidence, and energy as I went through the course. I was charged! Caring for two kids while doing them was challenging but rewarding. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
We left the location at 7:20pm. The course closes at 8.

Room Tip: Pack sharp cooking knives  ( they provide cheap serrated kind that was very difficult to use), paper towel, good shampoo & conditioner Farmer's stand food is really delicious!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family