“Open year round, You will never want to to go home!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hague
Trout House Village Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hague
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We came across Tout House while boating in northern Lake George. I saw it from the lake and it looked so nice I was determined to find it for our next visit. Upon looking at the website, we fell in love with the cabins and the fact we could have our teacup yorkie stay too! We booked the Iroquois log cabin for a family vacation in June and December, 2013 and have now found our home away from home! The Iroquois has a beautiful layout, a full kitchen,a stone fireplace, a great porch overlooking the lake and 2 Jacuzzi tubs in the 2 full bathrooms! In the winter, the floors are heated and there is wood already cut to keep the fireplace burning although the heat is plenty!
The private beach provides kayaks, rowboats and lounge chairs. Included are bikes, snowshoes, ping-pong and basketball and more! Everything is just perfect for any excuse to getaway! We hope to return again this year for more R&R. Just book it!

Room Tip: Just tell them what you need and like, they will advise you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank M D

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had a nice time at the trout house . The cabin is "cozy" there is a small living room with a gas fireplace and a nice small room in the front with a hot tub that is big enough for one person. The small deck/ porch in the front of the cabin has a lake view ( from across 9n) and a deceptively comfortable rocking chair. The kitchen is a nice size with fairly new appliances and opens up into a small covered deck in back with an outdoor refrigerator and a portable BBQ. There are three small bedrooms upstairs with a nice size bathroom. All in all the cabin was clean and comfortable . I have been going to Lake George my whole life and am familiar with the local " dialect" and am not expecting a concierge at the front desk ... that being said the ownership could have been more attentive to the very few questions we asked about the lake in the "off-season" and the maid did not clean the cabin one day because it interfered with her lunch. :) that said I would return

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ntirish
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our trip to Lake George was made perfect thanks to the Trout House! My friends and I stayed in the Wind Tunnel and found the accommodations to be perfect - the one drawback was the very small shower, but we made due with it! The rooms are cozy, but spacious and A/C is available - very important during the warm summer months! The true selling point of the Trout House are the incredible amenities. You can take out kayaks, paddle boats, and rowboats anytime up until the sun goes down! You can explore some of the islands out on the lake as a result! The water is refreshing to swim in during the summer - the things you can do here are endless! We hope to come back sometime in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I wanted a mini escape from NYC, and neither of us had ever visited Lake George before. The cabin was adorable inside and out. It was clean and comfortable, and the fireplace was ready to go as soon as we arrived, which was perfect, as we visited during November. Sitting on the coffee table in a binder were tons of much appreciated suggestions for local restaurants & hiking trails, which was a really nice touch and helped us plan out our weekend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Trout House this past January. It was a perfect getaway! The staff was friendly and super accommodating letting check us check in early and leave late. The cottage we stayed in was well kept, clean, and had everything we could have needed. They even include a great binder of the local restaurants, activities, and a bit of history on the area-which is great for someone visiting from out of town. Initially, I was a bit nervous that the road ran right in front of the cabins/cottages would be loud or distracting- but it took nothing away from the charm of the area. We brought food with us and found cooking was easiest-they have everything you could possibly need-measuring cups, pans, all the utilities for a basic kitchen. It's amazing- the pictures actually didn't do the place justice-the interiors were just so well done and well kept- I don't this I could emphasize that enough. I love the adirondack decor. The resort had great street appeal as well. Many of the other places in the area did not look half as inviting as Trout House. My boyfriend booked this as a surprise for me and he mentioned they were great about answering all his questions and made recommendations for what might be ideal for the two of us. My boyfriend and I will definitely look for an opportunity to come back. Hopefully we can bring some friends and stay in one of the larger cabins for some extra fun!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My girlfriend and I spent last Christmas at the Trout House Village in a nice and cozy cabin. We were happy with the place, location (with a gorgeous lake view) and the staff, very friendly and helpful whenever we needed their help and/or assistance. The cabin was impeccable and had everything we needed and expected (including a fully functional fireplace). Hague is also close enough to Gore Mountain, where we went skiing. I highly recommend this trip in winter time if you're looking for a calm getaway destination.

Room Tip: We stayed at Montcalm Patio, ground level.
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Trout House Village in the "Lord Howe" cabin this past weekend. We were looking for somewhere far away from the city where we can go relax with our dogs, (we have 2 pit bull mix terriers) maybe do a little fishing, and just relax. We hadn't really looked online for photos or anything because we booked so last minute, so we were SHOCKED when we walked in and saw how beautiful it was. The cabins sit right on the lake, we walked into a huge eat-in kitchen with every cooking amenity you can image, more than I have in my own kitchen at home. A big beautiful living room with a huge flat screen tv and DVD player, beautiful wood burning fireplace with plenty of firewood outside(they even built us our first fire among arrival) a private deck overlooking the lake, a second floor with 2 bedrooms, 2 beds in each room.Our bed was so comfy I didn't want to leave. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, when we inquired about renting fishing equipment they just handed us theirs, poles, bait and tackle at no charge. I will definitely be back. Looks like it would be the go to place in the summer. I noticed a BBQ outside every cabin, a small mini golf course, volleyball net and even a game of corn hole! Absolutely amazing and peaceful, at a very fair price. Thank You Guys very much!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hague
Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Ticonderoga
Boulders Resort
Boulders Resort
#49 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Trout House Village Resort? Share your experiences!