“The only place to stay!”
Review of Hague Motel

Hague Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hague
Hague Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hague
Reviewed 14 June 2009

The Hague Motel is a good, old-fashioned motel that is CLEAN, CLEAN,CLEAN, and overloaded with good, old-fashioned customer service! We've stayed two years in a row now, in room 2, with the 2 double beds. It is not fancy, but it's just what you need, with a small fridge & enough closet space to stash your stuff. For breakfast, just walk up around the corner to the General Store where you'll find great choices, great tprices & great people. We LOVE staying at the Hague motel & being more than "just a number". So accomodating to families. The front lawn is awesomely relaxing, free kayaks & canoes...what more can I say? Don't pass it by! It's a great, clean taste of the past!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank WorldWanderers5

Reviewed 2 October 2007

We stayed in a cabin on the edge of the private beach. It was spectacular! We woke up each morning to the sound of the waves hitting the shoreline. It was so relaxing. My kids just loved it as well. They were content swimming and fishing all day while sat in the sun and read. The place is old, but, Jim, the owner, keeps all the cabins and motel rooms squeaky clean. He's a great guy, by the way. He let my daughter use a fishing pole to fish while we were there and she just loved it. One time we walked up the road and rented a boat. Jim let us rent a boat slip to keep the boat while we had it and it made the experience even more relaxing and enjoyable. I have come to Lake George my entire life and I think the view from the Hague Motel's private beach is the best on the entire lake. This is truly hidden jewel. There is nothing honky tonk about this place. I just loved it!

The cabins have complete kitchens, so you can bring all your own food to cook. If you wish to eat dinner out, you can walk to a little cafe that offers breakfast and lunch that is next to the General Store. THis is a place run by some lovely local women and they have an antique store as well. Other than that, I would drive out to dinner over the town line to an Italian Restaurant which is family run. There is a newer restaurant in the Hague Center in the old firehouse, but it is mainly a bar. I didn't feel comfortable bringing my children there. Once I went with my husband in the evening alone and there was no air conditioning, so we had to leave before our meal was served because it was so bloody hot and LOUD.

Take a trip way up there to the Hague Motel, it is well worth the trip!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank LakeLove
Reviewed 15 August 2006

We booked this motel at the last minute for a quick weekend getaway. The motel has several cabins and a motel with 6 rooms, including one so-called suite, two rooms interconnected. We stayed in the suite and found it to have plenty of room for our family. It had a small kitchenette and large refrigerator. This is a basic motel with no frills, but we found it to be clean and the staff attentive. The property has a large backyard with picnnic tables, Adirondack chairs and loungers plus a beach. Canoes and kayaks are available for use for free. We were able to dock our boat right on the property since they have about 5-6 slips. There is a pretty cabana to sit in and gaze at the wonderful Lake and its view. At night we had a bon fire where our kids could roast marshmellows and make smores. We love this part of the lake the best since there is not that much boat traffic and is more serene. Definitely not like the chaotic southern Lake George Village.

4  Thank luv2run64

Been to Hague Motel? Share your experiences!