“Great place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haines Falls
Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Haines Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2008

Great breakfasts, lovely room (huge bath!) and top location. Service was very special. Many thanks, Kelly! Ian and Fran

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 October 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Rosehaven Inn for a long weekend in October. All I can say is WOW. I have never been to another bed and breakfast before but I can honestly say that I don't think any other one could compare to this place.

The house is beautifully restored from top to bottom and is absolutely immaculate. We stayed in Room #2 which was BEAUTIFUL. The little side deck was the perfect spot to take pictures of the fall leaves from. The bathroom was huge and the whirlpool tub was great. The room had a fireplace(they all do) which we used every night.

The area around the inn is also great. Tons of things to do like hiking trails, Woodstock, shopping, etc.

Breakfasts were the BEST I have ever had! The owners Kelly and Sean were so helpful and just wonderful people who you can tell truly go out of their way to make sure you have a good experience.

We will definitely be back to Rosehaven many many times more.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2007

I have stayed at a number of B&Bs in the Catskills region and Rosehaven has absolutely been the best of all of them. I'm in my mid-30s and from NYC. I tend to have dust and related allergies and am wary of some of the B&Bs that are in old houses that can be very dark and have too much/too large antique furniture and tiny rooms. Not this one. Rosehaven has been completely and lovingly restored. There is still enough "old world" charm and gorgeous Art Nouveau/Arts & Crafts furniture and detailing but modern amenities like a whirlpool tub, in-room fireplace, digital thermostat, new linens, TV and a mini fridge. The room we stayed in (#1) on the website. A huge bathroom and was pleasantly surprised that it was plenty of room for two -- no having to step over each other to get around. The entire B&B was immaculate, and the hosts struck a perfect balance between being helpful when you needed suggestions for hiking, places to eat, etc and not being too obtrusive. They are extremely professional and experienced hosts, and the amazing breakfast was a wonderful start to our day. The B&B is on a backroad so there is a gorgeous view of the mountainside and enough seclusion yet it is just minutes away from Tannersville and Hunter which makes it ideally located. We definitely will return.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2007

This was the first and only hotel/b&b I've ever seen with an average rating of 5 stars so I knew, when looking to book a nice getaway for our anniversary, that my husband and I just needed to come here. And we are so happy we did. The inn is almost hidden in a quiet road where you can surely enjoy the serenity of the country, but close enough to all the restaurants, little shops, and major sightseeing/attractions, i.e. Hunter Mountain, Kaaterskill Falls, etc. We stayed in room #3, a very cozy room which has a window with a view of the mountains. Breakfast was divine. Kelly actually took the time to bake fresh pastries and cook a nice hot breakfast rather than serve those cold, tasteless continental breakfasts you find at other b&bs. And the little, yet significant, details (shampoo/conditioner/body wash in the bathroom; chocolates on the table; a small, but nice, collection of dvds free of charge; drinks in the mini-fridge) helped to sweeten our stay. Kelly & Sean really know how to take care of their inn as well as their customers.

Thank you, Kelly & Sean, for helping to make our anniversary unforgettable and extra special.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2007

After reading the reviews for the Rosehaven Inn, my husband and I decided it was the place for us in the Catskills. We sensed it would be great and it far exceeded our expectations. The decor of the house is fabulous. Our room was very comfortable in size, bright and wonderfully decorated. We kept discovering details that delighted us....a small room refrigerator with water and soda for when we were thirsty, a lovely glass container filled with chocolates, cotton balls and Qtips in the bathroom...and a powerful hairdryer. In addition to all of these delightful details, Kelly, the owner, was full of just the perfect suggestions for us...where to eat, where to hike, how to drive a backroad down to Woodstock. We were the only ones in the Inn on our last day and asked to see the other three rooms. Each was decorated with incredible care and it would be a treat to return and stay in any room. The Rosehaven Inn is truly a gem in the Catskills!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vandm
Reviewed 23 July 2007

My husband and I just spent a long week-end at the Rosehaven Inn in Haines Falls, NY. We were attending a wedding in a nearby town. WOW! We were taken from the minute we turned into the driveway. The house was old but with an updated look. The owners, Sean and Kelly Coughlin, are the warmest people we've met in a long time. They made us feel as though we were in our own home and THEY were the guests. Breakfasts were absolutely delicious, with Kelly being the chef. Homemade biscuits, pancakes, french toast, eggs, etc. were made to perfection. The facility was comprised of 4 bedrooms, one prettier than the other, and each in a differenat decor. The common areas were very comfortable and beautifully decorated, with cushy sofas, a bar, a library and DVDs and CDs. Anywhere you went on the wrap around porch gave you a magnificent view of the mountains. All areas were so clean, they sparkled.

On the drive home, we tried to decide when we would be able to return to the Rosehaven and tour the surrounding areas.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2007

Wife and I were looking for a nice relaxing getaway to the Catskills, and a little hiking, and we were very fortunate to find the Rosehaven Inn (B&B) in Haines Falls. Very excellent accomodations in the Eastern edge of the Catskill escarpment, at about 2000 foot elevation. [Hunter Mtn peak is ~4000 feet?]

Old house impeccably restored (2004?), with a comforting "vibe". Large, clean, comfy quiet (probably well-insulated?) rooms each with large modern bathroom (whirlpool tub, separate shower stall). Nice touches like mini-fridge stocked with bottled water, and super-quiet efficient A/C which we needed on one humid night. [I really liked the liquid soap dispensers, unlike another reviewer.] Queen bed was super-comfortable with luxurious fine bedding. We slept well both nights. [Summer, so we did not get to experience the modern gas fireplace.]

Innkeeper Kellie seems VERY experienced, professional. They are smart to go for quality, not quantity. Only 4 rooms, so beware to book a little bit early. We could only get 2 of our 3 nights here. Had to stay 1st night somewhere else nearby -- that place cost more and was "blah". Rosehaven is perfectly priced - not too high not too low, a great value. [When inns play games with their prices look out, but not here though.] Kellie and her family live here on 3rd floor, which is also good to have owner on-site.

Quiet secluded setting away from Rt 23A. Large wrap-around porch with couches, chairs, tables...we enjoyed sitting out there in morning & evening reading a newspaper. Nice cool breeze coming up the hillside. Well-behaved friendly dog ("Gandolf the official greeter") came to visit with us on the porch. Lots of flowers, saw some hummingbirds. Elegant downstairs interior. Grandfather clock with a gentle sound...did not wake us at night. My wife pointed out that even the wallpaper is quite expensive and rare.

Breakfast was good. Perfect place for couples. Good conversation at breakfast (3 - 4 couples). Kellie gave us helpful advice for nearby hiking and local restaurants (mostly in Tannersville - 5 minutes). Hiking was scenic and not too hard. [We are fascinated by the unique geology of the Catskills.] This location is optimal for hiking and skiing. I don't ski, but this place even has a whole-house generator in case the electric power goes out -- impressive (I'm an engineer). Nearby restaurants were quite varied and interesting, ranging from Mexican to French to somwhat quirky.

We'll surely be going back, maybe in the Fall. All-in-all, this was the perfect B&B for us. I may regret writing this because if enough people realize what a nice place this is, it will probably get all booked up for the next year ! But I think a well-run place of this quality deserves to succeed.

Stayed: July 2007
#2 of 5 in Tannersville
The Twilight Lodge
The Twilight Lodge
#2 of 2 in Haines Falls

Been to Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!