“Little Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haines Falls
Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Haines Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I recently visited Haines Falls, NY in the Catskills for our anniversary. We stayed at the Rosehaven Inn B&B. We spent two nights at this lovely, relaxing Inn. Kelly the proprietor was very warm and knowledgeable about the area. Full of good information. Breakfast was delicious and the decor of the Inn and well as our room was impeccable. We highly recommend this Inn as a must "go to".

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here in mid July for 2 nights in room #2. We were attending the Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival nearby. We had stayed at Rosehaven a few years ago (time flies!) and it was our first choice to stay at when we were in the area again.

Room 2 is quite large with a fireplace, large wardrobe with tv, closet, 2 sitting chairs, very large bathroom (at least to us NYC apartment dwellers) and its own little patio with chairs and table.

Everything was clean and wonderful. We had a late arrival as we went to the festival first so arrangements were made in advance and everything was in order.

Wifi was available and worked well in the room.

Breakfast both days were scrumptious - I am a vegan (vegetarian, no eggs or dairy) and just asked for toast and fruit - I was given a big bowl of fresh fruit and toast with homemade preserves. They have some sort of cake/bead each morning plus main dish and fruit as the regular meal - hubby enjoyed it all.

The place is beautiful and well cared for and maintained. Porches on the front, side and back you can sit on and enjoy. We enjoyed our private little porch each morning to relax and hear the birds sing before we went down to breakfast. The other guests were very nice and we enjoyed chatting with them over breakfast.

There is lots to do in the area and next time we won't take so long before coming back. The pictures on their website are accurate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed at Rosehaven for 4 nights and the entire experience was excellent. Kelly was a fantastic host and provided us with information on nearby restaurants and activities which was most helpful. The room was spacious, tastefully decorated and clean. Breakfast every morning was spectacular, Kelly went the extra mile to ensure each persons breakfast was prepared to perfection. Rosehaven is conveniently located near the main road and is easy to find. Our stay there was truly stunning and we can recommend Rosehaven without a doubt.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed for a weekend. It was a very nice getaway. We stayed in room one which was very cozy. We loved the jacuzzi/whirlpool tub which my pregnant wife could use because she could control the temp. Kelly and her husband were very friendly and great hosts. Kelly makes amazing Hot Chocolate, probably the best I've ever had. The breakfasts are SOO filling. You can easily have a small snack for lunch and still not be hungry come dinner. There was also a good variety served at breakfast. The coffee cake they made was amazing. I enjoyed the egg dishes that were put together. The TV is small, but we still had no problem enjoying their selection of movies. I woke up a little stiff, but I normally do when not in my own bed, but otherwise slept like a baby.

Room Tip: Room 1 had a view of some woods, you'd have to go downstairs to get a good view of the mountain...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We had a wonderful experiance at Rosehaven. The inn is beautiful and clean with great views. Kelly was very friendly and accomodating, she also made a great breakfast! During the winter the area is all about skiiing, but this was a great romantic getaway.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I recently returned from our second trip to the Rosehaven Inn and we can't begin to describe how thoughtful and relaxing our stay was. Kelly left keys for us ziplocked to the front door as we arrived late on a Tuesday evening in terrible, cold, snowy weather. We zipped up to Room #3 and quickly started the jacuzzi bathtub. The size of the bathroom is enormous to our NYC senses and we took full advantage of each offering. The high thread count linens and gas fireplace lulled us into a perfect night's sleep. Breakfast was filling both mornings from blueberry pancakes to French toast to eggs any style and we enjoyed our conversations with Kelly the innkeeper who was readily able to suggest shops, restaurants, and spas in the area.

Truthfully, my wife and I needed to get away. We desperately needed to reconnect. The hustle and bustle of city life had bored a crevice in the armor of our marriage. Thank you, Kelly. Your beautiful inn provided the warm, nurturing environment that both my wife and I were craving.

If you're looking for constant entertainment, kindly go elsewhere. If, on the off-chance you're looking for a romantic, slow few days away, you need to stay at Rosehaven. Bring a bottle of bubbly and turn off your iPhone for two days. We can't wait to return a third time.

Room Tip: we've stayed in rooms 1 and 3 and you can't go wrong with either option.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank urfman
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Rosehaven is picturesque located, gorgeous B&B, but not without its flaws. Its location is charming, but secluded – within 2.5 miles from downtown Tannersville - in severe, snowy condition you will not manage without a 4x4.
The B&B itself is absolutely beautiful, from huge wraparound porch to the charmingly decorated dining and living rooms. The place was exquisitely clean. The guestroom was as described on the web page – romantic - with functional fireplace and comfy bed.
So, why not A+? Because of minor things, which combined are able to distinguish truly excellent establishment from this: very good one.
First, the breakfast – it was good, nicely served but nothing exceptional. For me and my husband, staying in B&B is about BREAKFAST - its scrumptious taste and unique experience. Here, one might be disappointed, that there was no second round of juice offered nor was juice jar left on the dining table.
Second, the fireplaces – why all of the fireplaces were of the gas variety? I understand the safety issue, but couldn’t at least the fireplace in the common area be a wooden one to give a real fireplace feeling.
Third, the tea and coffee station in the dining room – there was an excellent choice of tea you could choose from and have your tea made at any time of the day. The tea and coffee was always there available for you. Only In theory - usually there was no mug /cup or water to make it with after breakfast time. The place has only 4 rooms so only 8 guest at most. Why not providing at least 8 mugs or even 10? This was mystery to me. If you came back too late after hitting the slopes you had no chance to get a cup of a tea or coffee by the fireplace. It wouldn’t be a problem if the hosts were in, but most of the time a friendly notice on the door would welcome you with the information “we are out and be back at …. Please give us a call at … If you need anything”. Well, I am not going to call them to ask for a cup or water for a tea. That would be ridiculous.
Forth, the bathroom – it wouldn't kill them to place some additional hooks for towels or dressing-gown. There is a nice towels rack, where the folded towels are perfectly fine looking, but once the towels are used it is uncomfortable to hang them there without folding them up. But, who folds moist towels?
Fifth, Christmas decorations – we came during Christmas season. There were no Christmas lights outside and the place felt a bit dark and spooky. The common area though was stunningly decorated, but once you make it to your room the magic was gone and not even a tiny sign of Christmas left behind. Well, but that one I could forgive – not all the gusts share the same believes, so maybe they did not want to offend anyone.
In summary, with all its minor flaws Rosehaven makes still a very good holiday destination and if you are not too picky you will truly enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
#4 of 6 in Hunter
Fairlawn Inn
Fairlawn Inn
#1 of 3 in Hunter

Been to Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!