“Great Place to Hang”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Been going here with the guys for 30yrs for wings and beer. Great local bar atmosphere, prices right.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Well, I haven't been to the hospital in some time but I sure wished for an ambulance to come take me away from this nightmare of a "tavern". My meal began by waiting for the waitress for a brutal 10-15 mins before I even was asked for my drink order. Then, after more waiting finally a ice filled drink with a level of bourbon that might as well have been non existent. I then received something that resembled a high school lunch steak sandwich that I could hardly struggle to keep down. With one drink remaining full on my table I chose to ask for my check and was rudely ignored by another waiter as my waitress was tending to personal business in plain sight. The most disturbing thing is that I found out upon my aggravated exit that this waitress was actually the owners wife...I suppose some people never listened in business class.

4  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We were looking for a neighborhood pub and we found it at Mammoser's! Try the medium bourbon or medium garlic wings!!!!

1  Thank Kakkiko
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We discovered Mammoser's one winter night while we were looking for a place to get some wings. What a wonderful surprise! Very good wings, as well as Beef on Weck! The staff is very friendly and accommodating! We make it a point to stop there every time we're in the area for good WNY food and sports!

1  Thank dcwhit
Reviewed 25 August 2011

As for atmosphere, the bar area is small and can get crowded but they have a new (2010 maybe?) outdoor patio in the back area that is quite spacious and provides a nice vantage point to the creek far below. The front, smaller patio also provides additional seating if you like to watch the locals drive by.

For a relatively small place the selection of beers on tap is fantastic. Some old favorites but also a healthy selection (a dozen maybe) smaller craft beers. And if it's not too busy, the bartenders are good about offering samplers of beers before you invest in a full pint.

As for the famous wings, I noticed a complaint about the dry wings but that is the intended style. I wouldn't consider them dry meaning overcooked, but dry meaning not made with a liquid sauce. Those who like that style of wing will really love these wings. Other items on the menu are exactly what you'd expect from a bar - good portions, reasonable price, average-to-good tasting. But the wings are why people come back.

The one downside is that the wait service is usually not very fast. I've been forgotten a time or two when sitting on the patio and I've had to walk back into the bar to get a refresher on drinks. Don't get me wrong, the staff is always nice, just sometime there doesn't seem to be enough of them.

The locals have been going here for years for a reason. If you want to try a different take on the chicken wing, sample a new craft beer you may never have had before or just enjoy a summer evening on a nice patio, this is the place for you.