“fair for the price”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“fair for the price”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Clean open suite (no couch - refrigerator & 2 chairs with small table). Toilet ran. but a good room overall. Minimal breakfast comprised of fake tasting powdered eggs and sausage patties. Hard boiled eggs, dry cereal & bagels/small pastry. (No bananas) But apples literally the size of golf balls - no joke. If email or web-surfing for your next destination is important, bring your own hotspot because you will wait 20 minutes for the page to change on your laptop if it doesn't time out (should you really press next again if you are buying your next room again in fear of buying twice????). A call to the front desk was reply'd with "its because we are all on at the same time", and we reset the router last Saturday"...come'on, really?

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The HIE was sold out so I stayed here. The public spaces are worn and oddly laid out. (No stairway from the second floor to the first?). The breakfast was basic. My room was clean and comfortable. It's a reasonable choice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Older facility that could use some updating, but it was clean and bed was comfortable. Our room was smaller than some, but adequate. Nothing good, nothing bad. Breakfast choices were good. The Waterstone Grill is within walking distance and was very good. An average, adequate stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The location is convenient to the Erie County Fair and fit our needs. Not the cleanest hotel. The lobby smells of smoke. The windows in hallways were open, I assume to let out more smoky smell. Dirty floors in lobby and elevator. Mirrors in room and walls smudged. Doors between adjoining rooms were not locked when we got there and our deadbolt didn't work. Not my favorite Comfort inn stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhilaTraveler22
Ohio
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at this Comfort Inn mid-week in July, after trying to find a room at a somewhat less expensive place. My mistake in not making a reservation ahead of time! The check-in process was terrible; there was someone making arrangements for several dates in the fall of this year, and the one clerk spend endless time with him, while the 4 of us in line waited. The couple behind me just left about waiting about 10 minutes. Once finally checked in, I found I had a lovely room with two beds, a couch and chair in the TV area, a microwave and a little frig. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was great. Everything was clean and well-kept. The motel is in a nicely landscaped area with the Holiday Inn Express next door. Even though the place was virtually full, it was very quiet both during the night and also the next a.m. The continental breakfast was pretty uninspired (only 1 kind of cereal; no danish). This is a very pleasant property, although since I was just traveling through and was there only one night, I would have preferred to have paid less than the $140 plus that it cost me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Cleves, Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were looking for a place to stay for the night and let the kids swim for a bit. The good news is the room was nice and clean and had a pull out couch which was a plus. The negatives - there was smell of smoke in the hallways and it was really bad on the first floor. Luckily the room was smoke free. Also, the pool water was a little cloudy, not sure what it was from. We did let the kids swim because it did not look bad, but not the nice clear pool water I was expecting. Also, there was a bad odor as you walked through the fitness center on the way to the pool. In terms of service, it was a little lacking. No one was at the front desk when we arrived. After getting to the room, I called to get some sheets for the pull out and no one answered. When I called back 5 minutes later, I finally got a hold of someone. Then they never brought up the sheets. I ended up going down to get more towels and pick up the sheets. Finally the breakfast was OK, but had better for a similar priced room. To summarize, if you are just looking for a place to sleep, you should be OK but don't expect great customer service and concerned about the odors that were on the first floor.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor - it did not have a strong smoke odor.