“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We booked a room here at the last minute and from the reviews weren't expecting much. But it was inexpensive and they had a room for us, so we took it.

Check-in went smoothly enough but the karoake bar off the hotel lobby doesn't make the best first impression. As we brought our stuff in I experienced full-out dread because the music and singing were SO loud. It had been a long day, and we knew the next day would be long as well, and I really wanted to sleep. I was just sure that racket would be audible in the rooms and it would be 2:00 in the morning before it was quiet enough to doze off ...

I'm happy to say I was WRONG. Once in our room we could no longer heard the bar area. WONDERFULLY quiet.

The room was very clean and modern enough. It also had a coffee maker which is a plus in my mind. The bed was comfortable, the tv worked fine, we had plenty of hot water for showers .... we were golden. I must note there seemed to be an issue with the wireless; we both had a difficult time getting and then staying online for any length of time.

Continental breakfast is included in the cost of your room, but it's over at 9:00 so don't dilly-dally like we did or you'll miss it. I can't tell you what they offer because it was all cleaned up when we went downstairs.

There was a gentleman in the 2nd room on the right as you head down the sleeping room hallway who'd apparently had a very difficult time getting hot water for a shower, He was yelling over the phone at someone about the lack of hot water.

If you just need a room for a night or two and don't want to spend a fortune, try this Quality Inn. We will stay here again if we're in the area.

Room Tip: The further away from the lobby, the quieter the room. If you worry about noice
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cliffysmom

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I booked this hotel through cheaphotels.com and got a great rate. Wifi connection was terrible - couldn't get anything to load and the bathroom sink leaked. Well, more than leaked, when you turned the water on, it came right out the pipe underneath the sink onto the floor. Another room on the 2nd floor where I stayed was left wide open and it was clearly under construction. Maybe some improvements are forthcoming? I wasn't hungry but checked out the included breakfast for some coffee and it looked pretty generous. I can't complain for what I paid and I was in the hotel for all of 10 hours.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank BConn70
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Okay, I get it...things break. I called the desk and asked them why we didn't have hot water. I was told they were "working on it" but wouldn't have parts for two weeks...I was offered another room to see if the hot water worked in there....ah, isn't tithe same system?

Rooms okay, just get one away from the front desk...LOUD...lounge open late and it a loud...

Room Tip: Get one on the second floor way away from the lounge...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank InterestedMarine
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Not even kidding. My stay here has been fantastic. From the start the staff has been courteous and helpful. From the time you get up in the morning to a nice breakfast, which includes anything you could want, to have a good lunch and dinner at the attached Restaurant. The breakfast is included in the price of the room ,which is worth the money right there.Also having great entertainment in bar, from bands, to karaoke,.25 cent wing night,.Taco night. Its a great atmosphere which adds to a fantastic all around experience. Theres not another hotel in this area that has all of that. Period.. The rooms are spacious and clean. Anything you want or need is attended to by the staff with great efficiency and privacy. I haved stayed at the other hotels in the area. This is the best , Hands Down

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan J
Reviewed 12 January 2012

So, traveling for work often, I like a place with a gym. But having run into many places with broken equipment, I decided to call ahead. I was assured that the gym was up and running, with no issues. So, after arrival, I find the treadmill to be nearly falling apart as well as having a slipping belt and the bike to not work at all. The photo on their web site must have been taken years ago. If there is a problem, be honest about it. I will not be returning.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn but since moved across the highway. I have stayed here for many years and have never had a problem. The beds are newer and clean, I never saw any sign of bed bugs during any of my stays. The bathrooms need work, it looks like they forgot about this when they re-did the rooms! Aside from the price being a bit $$ I would say the location for going up to a Buffalo Bills game is great ! ( that's why I stay here ) There is also a bar and resturant that's very good.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I stayed here one night. I honestly had to go back and check my receipt because my experience sounds so different from the other comments this summer. There were no bed bugs. Although the hallway seemed dingy, my room was clean -- not spotless, but nothing disgusting that I can remember. Nothing worth complaining about. It was quiet. The breakfast was good. I go kind of late in the morning and they might have been getting low on stuff. The next night I stayed at a different chain in another state and I can tell you, THAT was gross. I would probably stay at this Quality Inn again, though probably not after reading all of these comments! I will agree, the price should be lower, but I would say that about all Quality Inns -- not my favorite chain.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
0 mi away
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Hamburg
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Buffalo South I-90, NY

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!