“Hamburg, NY” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hamburg
rochester
“Hamburg, NY”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I rate it average as that's what my impression was. Though a little dark and dreary and used looking it was definitely livable and I would stay again. The breakfast was good. The staff though not rude did not display an outwardly friendly attitude which could have made the mood a little nicer. A little work and this could be a nice hotel.

Room Tip: No scenery here so no need for a special room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

there is no elevator ask for 1st floor if you have any trouble carrying luggage up stairs. The room looked liked it had been recently redone and was clean and comfortable.Free breakfast was adequate, room was quiet

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

I am handicapped. I arrived at the hotel and found out that there was no elevator. I checked in first while my wife parked. I left her a key at the desk. The clerk hastled her, was rude and didn't want to give her the key!

They booked me into a 2nd floor room at the opposite end of the building. My wife and I came struggling in with baggage. The desk clerk didn't offer to even help with the door. He watched us put our things on a luggage cart and sat on his hands. We didn't warn us that we would have to push the cart 100 yards and then carry the luggage up the stairs. He might have at least suggested we drive down to the end and uload at the rear door.

Unless you are a marathon runner in top trim, or can get a ground floor room near the front desk, avoid this place at all cost. It is way to expensive for what it is. Any Motel 6 is better where you can park right in front of your room. Terrible, terrible service.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room near the front desk
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank David B
ALBION
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Handicapped room was clean, but had a few faults. Too small and crowded. Too much furniture and the bed was so high, had to use a stool to get into. The bathroom didn't have a place to put toiletries. Had to place them on handicapped chair in the bathroom where staff had put shampoo and conditioner.

Staff was wonderful, especially Connie. Very helpful with all our concerns. She even offered to remove the desk and chair to make more room for my scooter.

I believe that a disabled person should be consulted when setting up a room in any hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

We booked a room here at the last minute and from the reviews weren't expecting much. But it was inexpensive and they had a room for us, so we took it.

Check-in went smoothly enough but the karoake bar off the hotel lobby doesn't make the best first impression. As we brought our stuff in I experienced full-out dread because the music and singing were SO loud. It had been a long day, and we knew the next day would be long as well, and I really wanted to sleep. I was just sure that racket would be audible in the rooms and it would be 2:00 in the morning before it was quiet enough to doze off ...

I'm happy to say I was WRONG. Once in our room we could no longer heard the bar area. WONDERFULLY quiet.

The room was very clean and modern enough. It also had a coffee maker which is a plus in my mind. The bed was comfortable, the tv worked fine, we had plenty of hot water for showers .... we were golden. I must note there seemed to be an issue with the wireless; we both had a difficult time getting and then staying online for any length of time.

Continental breakfast is included in the cost of your room, but it's over at 9:00 so don't dilly-dally like we did or you'll miss it. I can't tell you what they offer because it was all cleaned up when we went downstairs.

There was a gentleman in the 2nd room on the right as you head down the sleeping room hallway who'd apparently had a very difficult time getting hot water for a shower, He was yelling over the phone at someone about the lack of hot water.

If you just need a room for a night or two and don't want to spend a fortune, try this Quality Inn. We will stay here again if we're in the area.

Room Tip: The further away from the lobby, the quieter the room. If you worry about noice
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cliffysmom
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I booked this hotel through cheaphotels.com and got a great rate. Wifi connection was terrible - couldn't get anything to load and the bathroom sink leaked. Well, more than leaked, when you turned the water on, it came right out the pipe underneath the sink onto the floor. Another room on the 2nd floor where I stayed was left wide open and it was clearly under construction. Maybe some improvements are forthcoming? I wasn't hungry but checked out the included breakfast for some coffee and it looked pretty generous. I can't complain for what I paid and I was in the hotel for all of 10 hours.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank BConn70
Bloomington, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Okay, I get it...things break. I called the desk and asked them why we didn't have hot water. I was told they were "working on it" but wouldn't have parts for two weeks...I was offered another room to see if the hot water worked in there....ah, isn't tithe same system?

Rooms okay, just get one away from the front desk...LOUD...lounge open late and it a loud...

Room Tip: Get one on the second floor way away from the lounge...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank InterestedMarine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90
Hampton Inn East Aurora
Hampton Inn East Aurora
#1 of 2 in East Aurora

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!