“Unexpected treat”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our hotel recommended this restaurant, and we are so glad they did. We were able to get a table on Friday evening with no prior reservation, though reservations would be a good idea. The restaurant was full. Excellent service, outstanding food, good wine choices (Pinot Noir for me). Very good lobster bisque with sherry, and my My Gorgonzola Sirloin Tips Alfredo and salad with house balsamic vinaigrette were excellent. Other family members had the Chicken Neapolitan and something else I don't recall. All were very pleased with the meal. We will definitely return the next time we are in the area.

1  Thank Mornseer

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Really enjoyed the food. The restaurant is used to accommodating weary travelers of I-90, so they're open until 10 PM.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a great family dinner here with mixed results.

On the plus side you can get anchovies with your Caesar salad. The mussels appetizer were yummy, but we had to ask for bread and a spoon to fully enjoy the wonderful sauce. The Veal Marcela was enjoyed by mu aunt and her friend as was the traditional shrimp cocktail. My cousin had the Chicken Napolese and found the garlic potatoes to be over powering! I love garlic, but this was a 50/50 mix of potatoes to garlic. Her husband enjoyed the Frutti di Mare, although he mentioned it was more like Diabla! While I liked my Seafood Stew I would have preferred more stew, ala chiappino, and less pasta, I kicked it up with crushed red peppers. My wife was overwhelmed with her Huge Sole Filet and risotto. I though the risotto was a little undercooked. Finally my grand daughter was disappointed with the calamari. It was sweet, with a French dressing dip and not crispy. We placed another order and asked that they just make crispy calamari without the spices. The marinara is a better selection for dipping.

Finally the drinks were good all around as I enjoyed 2 Stoli martinis!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The restaurant was very convenient to our hotel and the interstate, but the food was not very good. Half of our party of six had the broiled trout special and agreed that it was not fresh. I had a chicken dish which was ok. No one wanted to go back to it despite how convenient it was.

2  Thank DanlRussell26
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I have travelled to this area many times and have stayed in the same hotel each time, and although I have always seen this place, I have never had the opportunity to visit. Tonight I took the chance and was very pleasantly surprised. From the time I walked in the door, David the bartender was on spot. This guy is by far one of the best bartenders/server I have ever had....and that's a big statement from someone that travels 45 weeks a year, and spends many nights in this type of establishment.

The food was top notch as well. I orderred off the menu and simply suggested I woud like a Rib Eye, a Lobster Tail, and some Asparagus. They prepared the perfect meal with a Chicken Soup to start. All was superior!

The manager Glenn checked on me twice, and that is something that does not happen often.

By far one of the best travel meal experiences I have had in a long time. I will definitely return!

1  Thank Gary W