“YUCK” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hamburg
Erie, MI
“YUCK”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

First and last stay at any Motel 6!

OK...desk person was very friendly...but sadly the good list stops at check in. We stopped there, as it was the first place off the exit we saw and liked that we could park our car right off the room.

But ICK...room was dirty (leaves and dirt..soda can under the bed), saw hairs on the blankets...so we stripped the beds and slept on the sheets and used towels to cover up. We were just stopping there to sleep (road trip), so we didn't have high expectations, but in future I'll avoid.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jen O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Old saggy Bed,Smelly musk coming from the carpet and a 1980's style tv round out the attractions of this [---].My wife and I actually noticed someone living in this motel suitable for convicts who just got out.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian J
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Clean and tidy and non smoking middle size room. My family felt comfortable as this bargain price. Friendly front desk service. The best thing is two minutes to WalMart. My family will come back this Motel 6 on this coming fall visiting Eternal Flame Fall again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sister212770
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Biggest problem: no wifi in rooms.

Otherwise the price is good for a 1 star type property. I have stayed at a few flea bags before but this one is at least cleanish, no signs of bugs in our room.

Pros:
Price
Location: quiet town, not sketchy neighborhood
Bed not too hard.
Bathroom remodeled recently
Friendly helpful service
Ice machine and coffee in lobby

Cons:
No wifi
Wrinkly sheets made me question cleanliness. But smelled clean and felt clean. But they were old.
No shampoo or hair dryer.
Rooms are old.
Small towels but were clean
Old style bed spreads
Little noisy from road
Weird bed frames. The box type made from exterior grade lumber it looked like.

Bottom line: fine to crash. If they had wifi as advertised and kept same price point, I'd stay again. Wouldn't make a holiday of it though.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank stygmah
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I am not usually a hotel 6 person because you never know what you will get, but this one was recommended and I was looking for a low price hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, comfortable and the front desk was friendly. I would stay here again and probably will the next time I am in town.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cindytarot
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed on February 16, 2013 and they'd just changed over to be a Motel 6 about three weeks earlier. The room was clean and comfortable, everything worked, my only complaints were minor - they leave the heat off in unoccupied rooms and it took quite a while to get the temperature up from around 55' to something comfortable, but once it warmed up it stayed warm; and I went to take a long shower and somehow ran out of hot water in only about 20 minutes. Which, it gave me plenty of warning - in that sense it was just like home, so not the end of the world. For $39.99 it's hard to beat and it was much better than driving up to the airport location as I've done in the past for events out here. This was built as a Knights Inn but it's not in bad shape. They did some remodeling and painting as part of the changeover by the looks of it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pontiac59
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed there for the dog show in January 2013. This was our first time at this motel. The room was very clean and the staff were very friendly.One afternoon because of my cold I used the last tissue in our room and was on my way to the office when I spotted the lady who looked after the rooms. When I told her my problem she immediately told me she would get a new package and bring it to me, which she did with a smile.The only problem we had was the wi-fi reception in our room was poor to non-existant.It is cheaper than the red roof inn just down the street. As with most motels in this price range you need to bring shampoo and a hair dryer, however, I was pleasantly surprised that they had tissues in the room . We will not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Hamburg
Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90

Been to Motel 6 Hamburg? Share your experiences!